• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being nasty to newbies in the professional forums

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thread, actually. I always wonder what people get out of being sociopaths online.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
      Good thread, actually. I always wonder what people get out of being sociopaths online.
      Cos it's fun - now run along and go play in traffic.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Cos it's fun - now run along and go play in traffic.
        My god, you're so cruel. There must be something wrong with you in real life.

MF in 'I read it on the t'internet, made an assumption and will now extrapolate' Mode
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
          They want to be a sociopath in real life - but don't have the anonymity.

Meet most cukkers face to face and they are very nice people.

Except spod - the quality of his biccies leaves alot to be desired.....

Comment

I try extra hard to be nice on here. I'm horrid in real life.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              They want to be a sociopath in real life - but don't have the anonymity.

Meet most cukkers face to face and they are very nice people.

Except spod - the quality of his biccies leaves alot to be desired.....
              W'The Tard'S

While you are falsely smiling at your work colleagues & laughing at your hiring managers jokes, you are really a seething ball of frustration who would like to carry out all of the scenes in 'Whack Your Boss' but have to alleviate it by using your anonymous login on CUK to come along & abuse other seething balls of frustration to tip them off their game & into going postal in the office, so you can read about in tomorrows Daily Mail.

They're talking about you again Brillo.

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                It's the snowball effect.

If I am a newbie googling a common contracting question, chances are I'll land on this forum. Of the 73 results, one is 28 pages long with people arguing over interpretation, one has wandered completely off topic and fails to address the question, and the other 71 have some unfriendly fecker telling people to sod off and use the search.

So I start a new thread in the vain hope of a clear, concise and friendly answer to my common contracting dilemma.

So the next googling newbie gets 74 results.
                WSS - Nail on head.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Tell people to use Google, etc, but there's no reason not to be polite about it. Just use a form reply "this gets asked all the time, please search [for XXX] and then come back if you can't find an answer".
                  Maybe some people round here should read the intro to "Javascript for Assholes", as found by admin:

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  I also liked the look of this one:
                  https://leanpub.com/javascriptforassholes
                  Originally posted by Javascript for Assholes
                  I see it all the time, and it seems to be getting worse. Why should ‘newbies’ feel as if they have to apologize for seeking knowledge? Why should they be told “Well, a quick Google search would tell you...” when you could just help them? I find it ironic and utterly ******* shameful that the same people who tout the virtues of Pair Programming are so quick to deny someone the type of knowledge sharing that comes with human interaction.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    As long as it's not NLUK carrying it out then I am all for it.
                    That tea tree oil smarts on the sack though.

Apparently....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                      That tea tree oil smarts on the sack though.

Apparently....
                      Real contractors don't have sacks. We have contract terminations.
                      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                      X