• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being nasty to newbies in the professional forums

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    I have to agree very strongly with MF. I have made no secret of it that I find NLUK's posts incredibly tiresome, not only because he stifles the new comers (if everyone just read the search and didnt post this would be one dull forum), but because he feels he has to reply to a thread he knows nothing about, and has to be the first to reply, and often having misread the question anyway.

My solution to this has been to put him on ignore and with the recent extra code to add into Adblock this means I dont even see him being on ignore, which is really sad in a way. As Im sure he thinks on some level he is helping and making a positive contribution to the forum.
    The only thing I have against NLUK is his latest Profile, which has "northernladuk is a 6675636b696e672067656e697573". That text runs into the message bodies of his postings, so you can't read them properly.

Now the only reason I come on here is to watch his "Personality of the Year" in action - but half the pleasure is lost when you can't actually read his rantings.

So, NLUK: FIX YOUR DAMN PROFILE!!!! (If you are stuck about how to do this, please Use Search or ask a Newbie. )
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      The only thing I have against NLUK is his latest Profile, which has "northernladuk is a 6675636b696e672067656e697573". That text runs into the message bodies of his postings, so you can't read them properly.

Now the only reason I come on here is to watch his "Personality of the Year" in action - but half the pleasure is lost when you can't actually read his rantings.

So, NLUK: FIX YOUR DAMN PROFILE!!!! (If you are stuck
      about how to do this, please Use Search or ask a Newbie. )
      You do know what that is don't you?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        You do know what that is don't you?
        His modesty expressed as a ascii string in hexadecimal.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

So, NLUK: FIX YOUR DAMN PROFILE!!!! (If you are stuck about how to do this, please Use Search or ask a Newbie. )

Its his rep score, how can he change it by editing his profile?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

His modesty expressed as a ascii string in hexadecimal.
            That's right. It's hex for ******* ****.

Comment

That's right. It's hex for ******* ****.
              Nah, that would be: 2a2a2a2a2a2a2a202a2a2a2a

nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I think that is the best post you have put up so far and is very true indeed. That is probably exactly the issue and on reflection I am getting tetchier and tetchier. A point I will genuinely take on board.

A complement from NLUK to NWP2C?! What next?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

A complement from NLUK to NWP2C?! What next?
                  An invitation for tea & gin at The Ritz, a ticket for the the Last night of the Proms and a sound gentlemans massage with lavender and tea tree oil soap at the Moroccan baths in Whitechapel?

Comment

An invitation for tea & gin at The Ritz, a ticket for the the Last night of the Proms and a sound gentlemans massage with lavender and tea tree oil soap at the Moroccan baths in Whitechapel?
                    As long as it's not NLUK carrying it out then I am all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      As long as it's not NLUK carrying it out then I am all for it.
                      MF has pulled

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X