• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being nasty to newbies in the professional forums

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Which threads are you referring to? or is it more of a general point?

Of the two I can think of regarding iffy expenses - one was from a poster with over 500 posts who's been a member for a couple of years and the other is an obvious sockie IMVHO.
    NLUK is acting like some kind of CUK Torquemada. He's so pious, he's beginning to make Doogie think he's going to hell. On the flip side though, we all know Torquemada was shagging the nuns and claiming for far too much communion wine on his expenses.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Good argument, terrible analogy. They do not come on to discuss. They come on and ask a question and want an answer, often an answer they want to hear not the real answer. There is a balance I agree but questions on 24 month rule, where to get contracts reviewed, can I pay pension out of business are not discussions we need to have again.
      Damn, there's 2 questions there I had never even thought to ask. Don't worry I'm searching before I start a new thread.

I think the best newbie question is "should I start a limited co or use an umbrella?".
      Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

NLUK isn't the problem.

General is a cesspit of willy waving. That's what puts newbies off.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          NLUK isn't the problem.

How big is yours?

Ok we talking Spod here so big!!!
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            NLUK isn't the problem.

Stop peeking then.

Comment

Oh come on it's a steep learning curve there's no point pussy footing around and there are questions that come on time and time again and have been done to death, do you not finding it annoying?
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Oh come on it's a steep learning curve there's no point pussy footing around and there are questions that come on time and time again and have been done to death, do you not finding it annoying?
                There's a lack of movement in contracting now IMHO. We have an aging contractor population of experienced contractors. There are not as many coming through, so we get the same questions asked time and time again to an ever decreasing group at the top. Tetchy old feckers.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Yes but you're thinking CUK is something special. It's not, it's just another forum and techy people join new forums that send you 'complete your registration' and 'welcome to the site' emails all the time... we just don't read these emails anymore than people read EULAs or credit card terms.

Get used to it, it's one of the reasons we need moderators in the first place!
                  Nope, I don't get this. I was agreeing with your previous post by showing the form that I use. So what does this mean, or are you disagreeing with your own post??

Or maybe you just disagree with anything I post...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    How big is yours?

Ok we talking Spod here so big!!!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Stop peeking then.
                    It's like a car crash, don't want to look.... can't not look!
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      There's a lack of movement in contracting now IMHO. We have an aging contractor population of experienced contractors. There are not as many coming through, so we get the same questions asked time and time again to an ever decreasing group at the top. Tetchy old feckers.
                      Ok I can kind of see your point here, thing is I've not been contracting long not even a year yet and half of that has been in Switzerland. Maybe we should put a sticky up on how to search the forum and Google and also explain the joys of General lol.

How about we setup a section for newbie's? just an idea that way certain people don't have to feel the need to chastise these people if they post there
                      Last edited by The Spartan; 17 September 2012, 13:29. Reason: Added an extra idea
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X