• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bernanke bounce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only had two shares. Yellow Pages (now Hibu) - got annihilated on that. And Aquarius Platinum (one of those who are shooting miners). They've been great.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      So do I. Have you seen what RBS has been doing?
      RBS is still more of an investment bank thank Lloyds which is still primarily retail, I know the big profits are not in retail but long term strength is what I am after, also there is still an issues where RBS could be nationalised
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        RBS is still more of an investment bank thank Lloyds which is still primarily retail, I know the big profits are not in retail but long term strength is what I am after, also there is still an issues where RBS could be nationalised
        I know where you are coming from, but I think it unlikely that RBS be nationalised. I was moving towards filling a shares ISA with some of each, as a punt, but then III decided to start charging to hold the account and I thought with my luck the shares will end up about the same with only III making any money of out it. So I closed the account.

I'd also consider C, BAC to avoid putting all eggs in one basket / country.

Comment

...absolutely

portfolio looking like it's going beyond the last high.

Stockbrokers have been saying that the market has been waiting to explode but was held back by the Euro; if things keep quiet on the Euro front we could be in for the....

mother of all bull markets
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            There is only one financial genius and that's............sasguru.

After a brief squall the sun is shining again. Do I need a jumper to sit in the garden or not?
            HTH.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

This is just the sugar rush...

Personally I like it when my stocks start to show red.... SALE ON...

Comment

Barclays is my friend it has served me well twice now. I bought at £1.55 few weeks - month back, sold this this moring at £2.27
                Last edited by ELBBUBKUNPS; 14 September 2012, 11:39.
                I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

I was very tempted to buy banking shares when the LIBOR story broke, but was worried more scandals were brewing.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I was very tempted to buy banking shares when the LIBOR story broke, but was worried more scandals were brewing.
                    Yeah must admit this was one of my more risky punts, initially after I had bought them at £1.55 I thought I had made a big mistake but worked out well in end.

I've had a good year share wise I bought Greggs when they bombed with the threat of VAT and sold when the VAT threat lifted. Dont know how long my luck will last for though
                    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Well I don't see much of the $40bn a month going to people who could spend it. Mostly it will be used to make the rich richer - they will buy shares, commodities. What little trickle down there is will probably be spent on Chinese goods anyway.

Too much debt and the solution is more debt! Too much money concentrated in the hands of a few and the solution is to increase the disparity.

Enjoy the notional gains while they last. As hyper inflation is going to wipe them out.

Comment

Working...
                      X