• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is blocking access to external mail against free speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taita View Post
    Can you please share the exact phrasing of the condition in your mental health check.
    FTFY
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Clientco blocks personal email - but has wifi points everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Clientco blocks personal email - but has wifi points everywhere.
        I declined a clientco laptop for my current contract. I use a generic log-in to their guest network (when I'm on their premises) and then use one of those token thingies for Citrix access to servers.

Leaves me plenty of scope for internet access.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            FTFY
            Thanks. Since the op, I find I miss things from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
              Surely it is a restriction of trade as it is preventing me from running my business.
              Absolutely. All the world's most successful businesses conduct their communications using Gmail and hotmail from a client site. They're just jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                Absolutely. All the world's most successful businesses conduct their communications using Gmail and hotmail from a client site. They're just jealous.
                Well actually,...never mind. But in some cases I've seen it's a lot worse than that. Especially the ones with 'compliance officers' who take it upon themselves to obstruct proper testing in any way possible, while ignoring the fact that senior management can't manage their way out of a paper bag.
                Last edited by Mich the Tester; 13 September 2012, 17:42.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X