• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A dodgy case of Tourettes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Mrs MF was watching a program on Tourettes as I walked past the kitchen just now and it reminded me of a real life case I came across 10 years back.

I'd decided to cycle to Devon from Hampshire over a few days and had got as far as Glastonbury. It was a nice sunny afternoon and so went to Glastonbury Abbey where they were doing a play of Joseph of Arimathea & the cruxifixion. I settled down with maybe another 100 or so people and the play was presented against the backdrop of the abbey.

Off to the side was a strange chap with a really bad tick. He kept biting his hand & making small noises, he seemed very excited & some people were looking over.

The play continued and started to reach the crucifixion. Jesus came in carrying the cross. The chap seemed agitated and with the exception of a few noises seemed to be coping well.

Jesus was nailed to the cross, the people wept. The chap was biting his hand.

Jesus took his last breath and died on the cross and there was silence.....

All of a sudden from the silence of this solumn moment a loud, very loud shout of C**T echoed around the Abbey crowds. The guy immediately bit his hand muttering 'no no no'. The crowd turned to look, mothers in disgust, the centurions in the play turned to look at this crowd & then a miracle or miracles 'Jesus came back to life looked up from the cross and shook his head'

Still makes me chuckle.

Assuming that wasn't Testmanger, anyone else have any great Tourette stories?
    Classic

Why didn't the guy stuff a hanky, or something like an S&M ball gag, in his mouth if he knew an outburst like that was on the cards at an emotional moment?

Can't +ve rep you because I have to spread some around, which I seem to get every time I try and rep someone.

This rep system is far too non-anal - One has to spread rep around like an industrial muck spreader!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's just jerks and selfish cocks who use disabled bays without a disability.

Simple really. No wonder Shaunyfatboy is a fat munter, if he thinks its cool to park in disabled bays rather than walk the extra, what, 100 yards?

I work with a severely impaired man, who it would take about 45 minutes to walk 100 metres.

No, people who use these bays are simple filth, the type who think it is ok to flick fag buts out of car windows, or just drop tulip wherever they are.

I had a disabled badge after a leg op 20 years ago, and even then, I was embarassed to use it, in case soemone who really needed it rocked up, instead of me with a bad limp.

Probably explains why I am a fit bloke, with no weight problems, and the scottish fat **** is just that

Comment

...having said all that, my brother used to employ a lad with tourettes many years ago, and I couldn't be in the same room as him, as I would burst out laughing. I don't care who you are, listening to a chap call out ****, balls, shag, ****, every now and again, is too much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I remember a Tourettes protest march in London.

"What do we want?"
          "A cure for Tourettes"
          "When do we want it?"
          "C**T"

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrilloPad again.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrilloPad again.
            WHS, and I can't help with the rep either as he's already maxed out for me

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

No, people who use these bays are simple filth, the type who think it is ok to flick fag buts out of car windows, or just drop tulip wherever they are. ..
              Crikey, I dread to imagine what you must think of people who park across two disabled bays. But I find it gives me more room to open the car doors

Comment

For once I agree with OH although sometimes it's daft. A local council car-park recently painted loads of spaces to be disabled only. Something like 10-20% of the car park. So now the car park is always rammed solid where before it was not, and there's a whole row of empty spaces nobody ever uses since the car park is 1/4 mile from the shops and there's a multistory right in the town centre.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Crikey, I dread to imagine what you must think of people who park across two disabled bays. But I find it gives me more room to open the car doors
                  I like the ones with new cars who park across two bays to stop their pride and joy getting dented. I just park real close and forget to remind the girls to be careful when getting out.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    I had a disabled badge after a leg op 20 years ago

Jeez........what a fooking loser.
                    You went to all the trouble of getting a badge after an op?
                    How fooking sad is that?
                    I bet you used to get your mum to write notes excusing you from rough games at PE too.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                      I hope so, but I believe strongly in the matter
                      Oh lighten up for fuxsake Goody Twoshoes!
                      Most of the "disabled" are just "old", and are perfectly capable of walking a few dozen metres anyway.
                      Besides, on the occasions I was describing all the available disabled spaces were available, so nobody was being inconvenienced.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X