• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After less than a week back at school......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    A I wonder why the other 83% didn't vote, apathy?
    Well 10% didn't vote because you can't do sums. I'm not sure about the rest.

Edit: beaten to it, but hey...
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      ask your missus
      Unless he's married to Alannis Morrisette of course

Comment

coz they can't do this :

MPs vote yes to an extra £31,000 | Mail Online

But they do do this?

BBC News - David Cameron leaves behind child at pub
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The turnout was 27%.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          BBC News - Teachers to strike over pay and conditions

A I wonder why the other 83% didn't vote, apathy?
          Were they on strike during your education?

ARGH beaten to it...

Comment

My wife is a teacher and has fought against the strikes etc and considers them to be absurd and rather childish.

The holidays are not as long what they sound and her working day is routinely longer than mine but she considers herself well paid if over worked.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              My wife is a teacher and has fought against the strikes etc and considers them to be absurd and rather childish.

The holidays are not as long what they sound and her working day is routinely longer than mine but she considers herself well paid if over worked.
              My better half's a teacher and she works stupid hours. She's typically still lesson planning upto 8 / 9 at night. Makes me feel a bit bad earning 3 times her salary whilst pissing about on the Xbox at half 5 of a night. She deserves her long holidays.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

The wife quit contracting 3 years ago, to be a full time mum, now pondering a return to work, by becoming a primary school teacher. I can't wait. For all the hard work, I think the balance works in the teachers favour, and always have. However, a great teacher will engage the kids in after school activities too, drama, music, etc, etc, and then the hours build up.

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
                  When I did maths 100 - 27 was 73

Beaten to it

If the teachers had actually concentrated on teaching SimonMac proper Maths this situation would not have happened. Instead the teachers are always asking for more pay, more pension, more holidays, more free school trips and less working hours. Sack the lot of them.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    If the teachers had actually concentrated on teaching SimonMac proper Maths this situation would not have happened. Instead the teachers are always asking for more pay, more pension, more holidays, more free school trips and less working hours. Sack the lot of them.
                    Can't really blame the teachers from 2 generations ago for today's mess.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Can't really blame the teachers from 2 generations ago for today's mess.
                      Why not? They taught today's teachers everything they know.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X