• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

plenty of bobs from here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client co recruited a Bob who had just obtained a degree in computing in the UK.
    The Bob had no idea how to use a computer. He never had one and never used one at uni. He told me that all he was taught was theory

He cannot spell the simplest of words nor can he construct a proper sentence. He has made costly mistakes but client co thinks he is a bargain at £8 per hour
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Client co recruited a Bob who had just obtained a degree in computing in the UK.
      The Bob had no idea how to use a computer. He never had one and never used one at uni. He told me that all he was taught was theory

He cannot spell the simplest of words nor can he construct a proper sentence. He has made costly mistakes but client co thinks he is a bargain at £8 per hour
      I believe this 100%, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Originally posted by Mose View Post
        I believe this 100%, no doubt.
        Sadly all too true - one of the hidden costs of employing Bobs is having to re-do their documentation
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          all agents say it does.

what no degree?
          Not me
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Sadly all too true - one of the hidden costs of employing Bobs is having to re-do their documentation
            Yup. I thought we had it bad here when I found one banging away on the microwave in the canteen thinking it was his laptop but now they’ve replaced him with two ferrets with usb sticks duct taped to their heads. It’s mental.

Comment

Yup. I thought we had it bad here when I found one banging away on the microwave in the canteen thinking it was his laptop but now they’ve replaced him with two ferrets with usb sticks duct taped to their heads. It’s mental.

And productivity doubled!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                And productivity doubled!
                for a short while but then someone told them about IR35 and they ended up just talking about that all day long while dossing around on some forum talking about the good old days when rates fairly matched their genius. The productivity is now just 14% of when they started. When will it end? If ClientCo saw sense made me Director next week I'd have it sorted by Wednesday at the latest, what with being amazing at everything an' that.

Comment

what with being amazing at everything an' that.
                  That is not what your missus said
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Next time leave my beers in the fridge alone! That was not in the contract! Typical agent. Is your 1500% cut not enough? Still, Progressive are worse.

Comment

Next time leave my beers in the fridge alone! That was not in the contract! Typical agent. Is your 1500% cut not enough? Still, Regressive are worse.
                      FTFY
                      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                      X