• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

France shootings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the girl have been shot with a stray bullet not intended for her while in the car, and got out?

Comment

15 rounds got me thinking... I had a go with a Beretta in Las Vegas. 15 rounds in a clip. Maybe he was an incompetent assasin. Thought he was going to kill 1 or 2 people, ended up neeed to kill 6 and ran out of ammo. Didn't have a spare clip. Duh! The old hollywood trick - points gun, pulls trigger, click. Beats girl and thinks nah this is too messy, and runs off.

Professional hit, doesn't mean professionally trained, just they've been paid for doing a job, whether it's done well or not. Surely as a contractor you know that!? If the employer provided the gun he'll have to declare himself inside IR35.

I can hit someone in the head twice at close range. In fact I manged to empty a full clip into an upside down paper Osama Bin Laden's face at 10m, back in 2003. and I'd never used a gun before. If they were really trained well, they'd have hit them in the head once, from a distance of 50m.
      Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Perhaps the assailant beat the girl to try and get information out of the father, like bank account numbers.
        Yeah, possibly.

Originally posted by Doggy Styles
        Could the girl have been shot with a stray bullet not intended for her while in the car, and got out?
        But she was also beaten?

Originally posted by IR35FanClub
        If they were really trained well, they'd have hit them in the head once, from a distance of 50m.
        Unlikey, unless they had a rifle of some kind and it sounds more like a pistol or SMG job.

Double tapping to the head is a standard procedure of the SAS etc. One bullet wound would smack more of an amatuer than two.
        Although it does seem like something went severely wrong with whatever was meant to happen.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Perhaps he arranged the meet and took his family niaively thinking it would be safer, and the killer wasn't expecting them to be there. Nothing ever goes according to plan.

24 rounds is a lot though, they were clearly well prepared.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

maybe there was a contract out on the schoolgirl, to get her shot in the shoulder, for telling tales about facebook pals.

and the adults got in the way

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
              15 rounds got me thinking... I had a go with a Beretta in Las Vegas. 15 rounds in a clip. Maybe he was an incompetent assasin. Thought he was going to kill 1 or 2 people, ended up neeed to kill 6 and ran out of ammo. Didn't have a spare clip. Duh! The old hollywood trick - points gun, pulls trigger, click. Beats girl and thinks nah this is too messy, and runs off.
              As I understand it 25 rounds were fired, not 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                As I understand it 25 rounds were fired, not 15.
                Bang goes my theory. Someone said 15 earlier. Well there's 25 rounds in an M16, I had a go on one those as well . Not as much recoil as I'd expected. But they use 5.56mm ammo and they are a bit harder to conceal if your out an about on a pushbike pretending to be a tourist.

To be honest - why don't they use 3 shots per person, if you really want to make sure someone is dead two doesn't seem enough?
                Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Just had the latest gen on this via my sister, who knows people who know people (who apparently can't keep their cake holes shut when they should ).

The "solitary cyclist" was apparently not an innocent passer by at all but worked in the nuclear industry, and it appears he was leaving info at dead drops for the other guy who was shot. The other guy in turn was an intermediary for the Iranians, and was handing this material over to them.

Apparently the detailed search of his house was to search for technical papers, which were believed to be there; but whether or not any were found I don't know. The dispute with his brother over their father's will is simply a red herring.

She doesn't know who killed them; but I imagine Mossad would be the best bet.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

doesn't make sense.

Mossad would of shot him and the cyclist, the wife if she was involved but they aren't stupid enough to involve kids.

There would be him, the contact and clearly readable cleaned but incriminating info plus a smoking gun with suitable fingerprints.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

doesn't make sense.

Mossad would of shot him and the cyclist, the wife if she was involved but they aren't stupid enough to involve kids. ...
                      Whatever, but if the safety or even survival of your nation is at stake (including the lives of hundreds of thousands of kids) I don't think that would be an obstacle in the circs.

In any case, it was the father who involved his kids by taking them to a pickup point, no doubt to make his trips look like an innocent family outing. Also, as I've pointed out, the kids weren't killed were they, although admittedly they didn't escape unscathed. I think one now has brain damage.
                      Last edited by OwlHoot; 23 September 2012, 18:40.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X