• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Debt Collection agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I got pulled for speeding in Southern Oz about 5 years ago.

a month or so later I got a letter from OzPlod saying I owed a hundred dollars or somesuch fine. So I sent a cheque, but they said barclloyds was not a part of the oz scheme so I had to join an oz scheme bank and then pay them.
    naturally, I didnt bother.

so a few years down the line, I gets a letter from some oz debt collection outfit demanding 500 bucks to pay the fine and cover the costs.

The question is
    1. Do I tell them to stick it up their @rse
    2. Do I tell them to lick it on one side and stick it up their @rse

Tell them you have the cash, right now, sat in your pocket. It's theirs if they come over and collect it.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      Tell them you have the cash, right now, sat in your pocket. It's theirs if they come over and collect it.
      **** that, we've already got enough annoying ozzie ******* over here
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        **** that, we've already got enough annoying ozzie ******* over here
        Er, we've got half the worlds population over here. At least the Aussies have a basic - and I do mean basic - grasp of English.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Tell them you'll see them in court and get them to set a date.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Er, we've got half the worlds population over here. At least the Aussies have a basic - and I do mean basic - grasp of English.
            I'll give them that... that and the ability not to completely cock up making a coffee
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

er... 'whats happening at the paralympics Sport?' type of thing ??

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Some bastard is cheating, he's got wheels!

Comment

just to add insult to injury, I got pulled over at a place called 'Iron Knob', just west of port Augusta

I sh!t you not

Don't worry it won't stand up in court
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Suityou01 came first. In Gentile. But his 'blades' were too long. Result: ban.

Think that's a fair recap on today.
                    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Suityou01 came first. In Gentile. But his 'blades' were too long. Result: ban.

Think that's a fair recap on today.
                      Did she complain about a missing 4 inches that his competition is using?

Comment

Working...
                      X