• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

180,000 miles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And yet you feel no shame in showing what a ****** you are on here?
    Don't mistake lack of insight for shamelessness.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      My 04 Mondeo Estate TDCi with 124000 on the clock got totalled by a *** delivering Pizzas in an 'R' Reg Nissan Bloody Micra on Wednesday in Huddersfield. I'd had it since it was six months old and put all but 4000 of them miles on it while contracting away from home, gigging at weekends and pulling my daughters horse box (as well as transporting bales of hay and bags of horse feed around). Sad end to meet, at the hands of a Nissan Micra held together with gaffa tape
      My Mondeo is due to hit 100k this week. I've heard that they have flywheel problems in that it tends to disintegrate at about 100k and its a £1000 repair. Did you get this on yours? It still drives pretty well but pumps out tons of black smoke when you put your foot down.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My 04 Mondeo Estate TDCi with 124000 on the clock got totalled by a *** delivering Pizzas in an 'R' Reg Nissan Bloody Micra on Wednesday in Huddersfield. I'd had it since it was six months old and put all but 4000 of them miles on it while contracting away from home, gigging at weekends and pulling my daughters horse box (as well as transporting bales of hay and bags of horse feed around). Sad end to meet, at the hands of a Nissan Micra held together with gaffa tape
        Serves you right for visiting Huddersfield.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          What do you drive?
          a Hummer
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            You must have a large dick to be so confident to drive around in something like that
            It's very nearly a classic now

Oh, and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              Sell your expensive car. Buy a cheap pile of cr@p with reasonable fuel economy. Spend the difference on therapy to address your feelings of shame and inadequacy, and you should come out ahead over a five year period.
              I dont have an expensive car. I have a reasonable year old car, that gets me places without breaking down and like you say has reasonable fuel economy. Its to get me from home to contract. A Orion was never a "nice" car, its probably equivalent to mine in model terms.

Just because I wouldnt wear old raggedy clothes doesnt mean I must wear Armani.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                I dont have an expensive car. I have a reasonable year old car, that gets me places without breaking down and like you say has reasonable fuel economy. Its to get me from home to contract. A Orion was never a "nice" car, its probably equivalent to mine in model terms.

Just because I wouldnt wear old raggedy clothes doesnt mean I must wear Armani.
                My version was better.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                  My Mondeo is due to hit 100k this week. I've heard that they have flywheel problems in that it tends to disintegrate at about 100k and its a £1000 repair. Did you get this on yours? It still drives pretty well but pumps out tons of black smoke when you put your foot down.
                  The composite flywheel usually gets replaced when you get the clutch done. Whole thing is about £700. Got that done about 86K.

Mine still runs like a dream, currently (or until last week) was doing roughly a 300 mile commute Monday and Friday at circa 100mph mostly and not a murmur from it, no smoke etc.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                    Serves you right for visiting Huddersfield.
                    Now, that IS hard to argue with.....
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

The composite flywheel usually gets replaced when you get the clutch done. Whole thing is about £700. Got that done about 86K.

Mine still runs like a dream, currently (or until last week) was doing roughly a 300 mile commute Monday and Friday at circa 100mph mostly and not a murmur from it, no smoke etc.
                      Cheers for the info. The clutch has not gone yet - mine has lived on the motorway so clutch wear and tear should have been pretty light.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X