• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Tricks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Lvl9? Still getting bitch-slapped by the rabbits in the local woods, then.

I see much, much grinding ahead for you.

busted
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Seriously, try any of these: Science & Mathematics | The Great Courses®

They will make you understand how c-r-a-p regular TV actually is; the are quite simply in a different league.
      Yes, they look good. Bit pricey, though.

Edit: I've changed my mind after watching one of the previews! That Joy of Maths (sorry "Math" - it's American) looked well dodgy!
      Last edited by Gentile; 31 August 2012, 21:41.

Comment

Seriously, try any of these: Science & Mathematics | The Great Courses®

They will make you understand how c-r-a-p regular TV actually is; the are quite simply in a different league.
        Interesting. Learn diff calc and calculate satellite orbits, now that's fun.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
          Yes, they look good. Bit pricey, though.

Edit: I've changed my mind after watching one of the previews! That Joy of Maths (sorry "Math" - it's American) looked well dodgy!
          I think you'll find the language of Mathematics is universal.

Oh, and always wait for the course to go on Sale before buying. They all do throughout the year, and the savings are huge (like this The Great Courses - Queen of the Sciences: A History of Mathematics)
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

It's a real shame. New Tricks, Doctor Who and Dragon's Den are about the only things I've watched on telly in the past ten years...
            ...I don't know whether I've just hit that age where I can't suspend disbelief...
            That's Dr Who out then. ( 7:20 tonight btw ).

I can't think of what I last watched on BBC1 or ITV1 in recent weeks. Mostly, we're on E4 and Film4 - which our cable provider started piping at the start of the year. (Ten years ago, we had just BBC Prime and BBC World in English - very dire).
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Brian's my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Brian's my favourite.
                Dylan

Comment

New Tricks

I never watch the TV at all. I just read Google News to see what is going on,Watch YouTube and the odd video I buy in the Charity Shops.

Comment

It's a real shame. New Tricks, Doctor Who and Dragon's Den are about the only things I've watched on telly in the past ten years. I quite like all the characters, especially Brian Lane played by Alun Armstrong, and the writing's always been good. Now they seem to be imploding under the weight of their own egos.
                    I feel profoundly sorry for you if that's all you've watched in the last 10 years. I dont watch anything off the BBC as its leftist nonsense. So pretty much all the tv I watch is American. You could have been watching 24, Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, Fringe, Game of Thrones, Nikita, Rome, Spartacus, Stargate Atlantis, Strikeback, Supernatural, The walking dead, True Blood. And those are just ones off the top of my head.

Get out there, and switch off the states indoctrination channels.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      That's Dr Who out then. ( 7:20 tonight btw ).
                      BBC Wales film Dr Who in and around our town every year. My youngest still thinks it's real and that the Doctor just lives around here.

I guess that's nicer than knowing the whole thing's made up.

Comment

Working...
                      X