• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help with question for famous author

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask him how lucky he thinks he is to have made a name for himself with just one character and one story line.

Lee child - the only thing that changes in his books is the name of the towns..

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
      If I were your son I'd be asking people why my dad is always seeking attention. Look at me look at me, another thread about me.
      My son last night said "Its so nice to have a Dad who does stuff - I am so pleased my Dad is not ZARDOZ who does fook all and can only belittle the efforts of others. But then luckily no woman would have sex with him so he won't have a son anyway". Those were his exact words.

Originally posted by moggy View Post
      Ask him how lucky he thinks he is to have made a name for himself with just one character and one story line.

Lee child - the only thing that changes in his books is the name of the towns..
      Ouch! I have now read 6 of his books and I have enjoyed them all. Enormously. In fact in was me that started my son on the books - before he read Killing Floor he just would not read. He now reads every day - sometimes for hours at a time. All thanks to Lee Child.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ
        When you pull up outside the bookstore <mod edit>something repulsive and ignorant</mod edit>. "Let me pass, we can't queue, Lee is expecting us".

PS have you got your Big Brother application in yet?
        What a repulsive and ignorant thing to say.

I'm betting you're the quietest guy in the office, aren't you? The one that sits there without an expression on his face in resentful silence, whilst everyone else shares pleasantries? Only someone like that could make as cowardly a statement as the one above, using the anonymity of the internet for cover.

I know I'm only wasting my breath pointing this out to you. I'm only doing so because I'm sure BP will be too polite himself to point out what an ignorant twat the above statement makes you.

Comment

Yes. But on being told there was no cuk posting access I decided to withdraw.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
            The character in question seems to be something of a sleuth with a military background. I'm thinking X Files.
            You're right about the ex-military bit but he's more of a drifter than a sleuth; he turns up in a town and usually unwittingly gets involved in a crime or injustice of some sort and being an good guy sets out to stop it. And they always underestimate him and only near the end discover that he's a super tough war hero sniper etc.

Edit: I've only read a couple of the books but they were practically identical so I didn't feel any need to read the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              You're right about the ex-military bit but he's more of a drifter than a sleuth; he turns up in a town and usually unwittingly gets involved in a crime or injustice of some sort and being an good guy sets out to stop it. And they always underestimate him and only near the end discover that he's a super tough war hero sniper etc.
              Exactly.

My favourite line of his is from Killing Floor where he is surrounded by a gang of thugs and he says he will count to 3 until he punches the biggest one. As he counts 2 he head-butts him. Really made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Damn. I was going to suggest Hilbert's Hotel Paradox as a follow-up question, too.

Comment

When you pull up outside the bookstore be sure to toot the horn <mod edit>removed comment by ZARDOZ revealing what a total smeghead he is</mod edit>. "Let me pass, we can't queue, Lee is expecting us".

Even by CUK standards, that's shocking.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Even by CUK standards, that's shocking.
                    Hi CM

Have you got Spod into shape yet? How is baby CM-Spod? The facebook piccies look great!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Ouch! I have now read 6 of his books and I have enjoyed them all. Enormously. In fact in was me that started my son on the books - before he read Killing Floor he just would not read. He now reads every day - sometimes for hours at a time. All thanks to Lee Child.
                      This I do like - if authors get more people reading, then that can't be bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X