• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How recently did you last have an alcoholic drink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    the crofters in North Uist used to stroll into the bar and ask for a 'half and a half'

they wouldnt speak to anyone, except to turn to their fellows and mutter 'McDonald'

'Donell O'donnell'

'McFee McFee'

then the drinks would arrive.

the first half = a neat double whisky. gone. down in one
    the second half = half a pint of bitter

'half and a half'

this happend four or five times.

half an hour later, they would half turn and mutter

'good night all'

stagger out and drive home to their crofts.

meanwhile the tcheuchters (english twats) would be drinking lager or mild, telling jokes, talking politics, having a laugh, taking the p1ss out of the trogs (the crofters), and staying there till closing time.

two very different cultures

They leave early to shag sheep, first in and all that.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      They leave early to shag sheep, first in and all that.
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

2 seconds
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

That long? Must be BBT. Night all

Comment

Hehe - no AndyW takers on this poll.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              the crofters in North Uist used to stroll into the bar and ask for a 'half and a half'

they wouldnt speak to anyone, except to turn to their fellows and mutter 'McDonald'

'Donell O'donnell'

'McFee McFee'

then the drinks would arrive.

the first half = a neat double whisky. gone. down in one
              the second half = half a pint of bitter

'half and a half'

this happend four or five times.

half an hour later, they would half turn and mutter

'good night all'

stagger out and drive home to their crofts.

meanwhile the tcheuchters (english twats) would be drinking lager or mild, telling jokes, talking politics, having a laugh, taking the p1ss out of the trogs (the crofters), and staying there till closing time.

two very different cultures

Not sure where you get the idea that teuchter == English:

Teuchter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

I had two glasses of Pinot Grigio and a large glass of Sauvignon Blanc last night. I don't normally drink during the week but the missus had a glass on the go when I got home and I'd had a cr@p day. Plus I had my annual checkup at the Doc's on Tuesday and got a thumbs up so didn't feel too guilty. Won't drink today - will probably have two glasses of red both on Friday and Saturday then dry until the next weekend. Will probably crack midweek same as usual though.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Don't drink Mon-Thurs, but Fri-Sun I have a couple of glasses

Although I might be tempted to have a glass tonight

Comment

I drink less and less now. One small glass of white yesterday after training with the local cycling club, none on Monday or Tuesday and a glass on Saturday and Sunday. No training this evening so I might open a half bottle of a decent red, read my philosophy book and probably fall asleep after one glass, or half a chapter as the case may be and szve the rest for tomorrow.

I used to be able to drink a bottle of wine quite easily after a rugby match and two glasses every day in the week, but since I've been cycling I just can't handle the booze and without consciously cutting back I'm finding a bottle of wine easily lasts the two of us three days. One advantage of all this is that there's hardly any fat left on me, not that there was much beforehand.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      One small glass of white yesterday after training with the local cycling club, none on Monday or Tuesday and a glass on Saturday and Sunday.
                      Says the man who quotes Hunter S in his tag line!!!

"Wow! What a Ride!" ~ Hunter S. Thompson (after one small glass of white wine...)

Comment

Working...
                      X