• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's been 60 hours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only way is cold-turkey, don't take pills or spliffs as that is displacing one thing with another and you will latch on to that. Just eat healthily and do some light exercise, it will make you feel better. Don't exercise too much is you aren't used to it, as i find that when i exercise for the first time in months, i feel tulip after until my body gets used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Since I last had an alcholic drink and I feel tulip. Really tulip. My heart rate is up, I've got headaches, feel sick. It's the longest period I've gone in the last 3 years without having a wee drink.

Inspired partly by BP & also realising I was drinking too much each night which was beginning to affect my health I thought I'd take this latest trip to the US to detox. Hit the gym on arriving. Then went for a run & now feeling uber ill.

Anyone got any suggestions to take the edge off?
      You have to come off it gradually, a bottle of wine or something on day 1, a couple of tinnies on day 2, and perhaps nothing from day 3.

If you suddenly stop dead, you probably won't sleep a wink and if you do you'll probably have hellish nightmares for a day or two. It's your body's way of saying "Where's my effing alcohol?!"
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        You have to come off it gradually, a bottle of wine or something on day 1, a couple of tinnies on day 2, and perhaps nothing from day 3.

If you suddenly stop dead, you probably won't sleep a wink and if you do you'll probably have hellish nightmares for a day or two. It's your body's way of saying "Where's my effing alcohol?!"
        It usually takes me 3 days to get a sleeping pattern back....

So hopng for a decent kip tonight!
        Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Anyone got any suggestions to take the edge off?
          Try the Scottish Health Regime.

Take a f**kin' drink man ! Hic !
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Try the Scottish Health Regime.

Take a f**kin' drink man ! Hic !
            And a battered deep fried burger supper...
            Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
              And a battered deep fried haggis supper...
              FTFY
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
                And a battered deep fried mars bar supper...
                Another FTFY
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not had a drink in months.

Comment

Boys...if you think a deep fried Haggis or Mars Bar has anywhere near the death-inducing qualities of a deep friend battered burger or "pizza crunch" then you're sadly mistaken.
                    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Not had a drink in months.
                      congratulations have a on me!
                      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
                      X