• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lib Dems prove once again they are not fit to govern

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    But you said you could run the equations. Now you're saying there aren't any. How can you say you understand market dynamics? You have nothing more than a handwaving argument about how they might work and zero evidence to back it up.
    You seem to believe they are hand-waving but they aren't they are pretty basic principles. I said run the equation figuratively. I am not saying we calculate all the costs of everything to do with this shop and the house and etc. Just look at a few basic rules of economics and draw some pretty standard conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
      You seem to believe they are hand-waving but they aren't they are pretty basic principles. I said run the equation figuratively. I am not saying we calculate all the costs of everything to do with this shop and the house and etc. Just look at a few basic rules of economics and draw some pretty standard conclusions.
      And one of your "standard conclusions" is that we should go back to the gold standard and abol,ish fractional reserve banking?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

No i have an understanding of market dynamics. I don't claim there to be an exact mathematical equation. But there is a reason the shop went out of business, and essentially it is because it has become an inefficient way of buying food.
        So you don't believe monopolies can distort the free market and cause inefficiencies?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Again you are simply insulting me without offering anything intelligent to say.

It's like it is the only thing you can do.

Comment

But these 'basic principles' and 'standard conclusions' are unproven conjecture and not only are you treating them as established fact you're applying macroeconomic generalizations (i presume when you talk about things becoming more efficient overall you're referring to general equilibrium theory though i doubt you know what that is) to a specific microeconomic happening. It's as if a logical tour de force has been pressed into a blob of blu tac leaving a perfect negative image.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Again you are simply insulting me without offering anything intelligent to say.

It's like it is the only thing you can do.
              Where have I insulted you? I see a series of questions. I can't help chuckling though.
              PS It seems that you have nothing intelligent to say. If that is the case then calling you an idiot is a simple statement of fact, not an insult. Mind you I haven't done that. Yet.
              Last edited by sasguru; 29 August 2012, 16:32.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                But these 'basic principles' and 'standard conclusions' are unproven conjecture and not only are you treating them as established fact you're applying macroeconomic generalizations (i presume when you talk about things becoming more efficient overall you're referring to general equilibrium theory though i doubt you know what that is) to a specific microeconomic happening. It's as if a logical tour de force has been pressed into a blob of blu tac leaving a perfect negative image.
                Sorry but what is so hard to understand that a business disappeared because it was no longer economically viable?

Why are you finding this so hard to accept?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Where have I insulted you? I see a series of questions. I can't help chuckling though.
                  PS It seems that you have nothing intelligent to say. If that is the case then calling you an idiot is a simple statement of fact, not an insult. Mind you I haven't done that. Yet.
                  You are insulting my intelligence by putting words in my mouth and then laughing at me.

Comment

Sorry but what is so hard to understand that a business disappeared because it was no longer economically viable?

Sometimes businesses collapse because they aren't economically viable.
                    Sometimes because of monopolistic price fixing, or the increased ability to bear losses for long periods of time by monopolies, sometimes because of cartels. The list of non-free market jiggery pokery is endless.

Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Sometimes businesses collapse because they aren't economically viable.
                      Sometimes because of monopolistic price fixing, or the increased ability to bear losses for long periods of time by monopolies, sometimes because of cartels. The list of non-free market jiggery pokery is endless.

There was no monopolistic influence in this case though.

Comment

Working...
                      X