• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lib Dems prove once again they are not fit to govern

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    You see my point though? How much tax is enough considering that I'd already paid tax on that 30k at 40%?

We pay TOO much tax and if they want to collect more tax then lower the tax rates - not raise them.
    If you are going to tax then property is easier target as it is hard to move. Taxing rich people never seems to work as they earn nothing.

Personally I favour tax cuts paid for by money printing. And more importantly slashing of red tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      HTH.
      Nope, plenty of countries are on the way up. The Western world is tuliped though.

Comment

yeah thats why it says "WESTERN" world.....

China's screwed and the only country I know thats doing "well" is Australia.

Comment

Oh, just saw the caps world and assumed that was the only word you changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
            Oh, just saw the caps world and assumed that was the only word you changed.
            ah I see, yep sorry not very clear that .

Comment

I thought that Canada was also doing okay?
              What about the Swiss, have they been hit hard by all this?
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                I thought that Canada was also doing okay?
                What about the Swiss, have they been hit hard by all this?
                Canada OK, Swiss OK, Norway OK.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Canada have a pretty astonishing debt level like ourselves.

Comment

Alberta is doing ok, Canada isn't - and Canada as a country doesn't get a great deal of benefit from Alberta; it's a weird one.

Albertans get paid (in 2010) 2000 dollars per "tax paying age" person, just for living there and pay ZERO VAT (GST).

Canada is struggling - I wanted to emigrate there, had everything ready to go and then they went protectionalist in 2010 and stopped taking people in on the N.O.C list

It's my view that the world has been duped by the many financial institutions that traded on money that no one really had (selling mortgage books for assets, or debts etc).

I genuinely think we're in a tough position here and am even a bit scared that our enemies appear to be making moves to take advantage of this, by buying into our infrastructure and key corporates.

My view, is no matter what ANY government does, we need to realise just how much we HAVE rather than the things we perceive we have lost. Consumerism and household incomes are larger than ever (our grandparents had none of this).

Money is supposed to be the solution to allocating the worlds finite resources, but we've acted and continue to act in a way where we believe no resource is finite, and neither is money.....

Tough times ahead, and as much as I hate the superrich for corruption, immoral tax evasion , and the fact the middle class seems to be paying for the whole country - tax isn't going to help much at all - especially the way this goverment is spending.

<off soapbox>

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                      Consumerism and household incomes are larger than ever (our grandparents had none of this).
                      I was watching bleak house last night - and was wondering what Dickens would make of it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X