• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LingsCars: The Gold Standard Of Web Design

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Provided you didn't actually want info on copiers or anything...
    You're not even on the right website, that website is about outsourcing departments to Xerox. Its like complaining you cant find the bread on Tesco's gardening website.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    It looks like it's been built like that on purpose to get attention. Certainly works!
    It certainly does. It looks like a Jackson Pollock.

And with all that clutter it isn't easy to find information or navigate.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    It looks like it's been built like that on purpose to get attention. Certainly works!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Ermmmm because the little guys one looked funny and the big guys looked really good?
    dull, grey, corporate, self important tulipe

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Ermmmm because the little guys one looked funny and the big guys looked really good?
    I thought that when I checked that link on my mobile earlier. However, I now realise that it takes you to a completely different (and much messier) site when you use a desktop browser.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Provided you didn't actually want info on copiers or anything...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I think the design achieves exactly what the owner is aiming for.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

The Ling site just looks dodgy.
    To you maybe; but who's to say those it is aimed at don't prefer a "Where's Wally" busy colourful look?

and perhaps conversely the target (chav?) customers would be intimidated by a slick minimal site.

"horses for courses"

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yes but (unless it's just me and Kojak) that Xerox site puts up an irritating popup over the top immediately on access, is seriously slow and disables the back button. Very clever, but does anyone want to sit there for 20 secs while it zooms in and out of various floors of an office building that all look the same?

At least the Ling cars things is fast and seems to work well. (On appearance, I rather like it, so that must be bad!)
    No, I don't like the Xerox site either, for the same reasons. Some webtulipe designers just try to be clever for its own sake, which isn't the object of the exercise.

The Ling site just looks dodgy.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yes but (unless it's just me and Kojak) that Xerox site puts up an irritating popup over the top immediately on access, is seriously slow and disables the back button. Very clever, but does anyone want to sit there for 20 secs while it zooms in and out of various floors of an office building that all look the same?

At least the Ling cars things is fast and seems to work well. (On appearance, I rather like it, so that must be bad!)
    Last edited by xoggoth; 27 August 2012, 16:33.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X