• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barstewards!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    By the same token, if the client is paying 500 a day his expectations will be a lot higher than perhaps the 300 a day person can deliver. I had one where I was being stiffed for that sort of money and left as soon as the end of the contract came. I made the client and the pimp aware as to my reasons.
    WHS - if client is paying top wedge, they're going to expect you to go the extra mile.
    I'd definitely push it - agent isn't going to want to have to go to client and say they've lost you.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      By the same token, if the client is paying 500 a day his expectations will be a lot higher than perhaps the 300 a day person can deliver. I had one where I was being stiffed for that sort of money and left as soon as the end of the contract came. I made the client and the pimp aware as to my reasons.
      Why didn't you just renogatiate the rate with the agent and bring his percentage down to the absolute minimum? You have position control so use it rather than leaving?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Given that I'll be recruiting in future, they've lost any chance of repeat business.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Why didn't you just renogatiate the rate with the agent and bring his percentage down to the absolute minimum? You have position control so use it rather than leaving?
          Is this a realistic scenario though? As other posters have said, it's incredibly annoying to know, but not really owt to do with Nor. It's the client's battle to fight surely, and she probably won't benefit from it financially.

Bloody pimps.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Given that I'll be recruiting in future, they've lost any chance of repeat business.
            Good luck with the @rsehole.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Because I got a better role at a better rate closer to home. I didn't really like the job or the people, but stuck it out because I'm a professional Tom

Tony in Roger Mellie mode
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Is this a realistic scenario though? As other posters have said, it's incredibly annoying to know, but not really owt to do with Nor. It's the client's battle to fight surely, and she probably won't benefit from it financially.

Bloody pimps.
                Definately not. It isn't anything to do with Nor until renewal time comes up at which point the issue is between Nor and pimp. That is when the gloves come off!!! Nor now knows what the pimps budget is and he needs to make 12% + anythign he can screw Nor over for. Nor knows what he has so he won't be screwing her over this time. The agent knows he will get in the tulip with the client if he turns down a reasonable offer, remember he is still working for the client but that doesn't give him carte blance to put anyone in. The fact this is an extension makes it even harder for the pimp. He certainly cannot lose the client a solid resource based on greed.

It is business between pimp and client yes, and if you have signed there is nothing you can do. Knowing what the deal is isn't strictly Nor's business but by god she can use it to her advantage... There is a clear line between who's business is who but knowing that is very powerful.

See what I am saying?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Just found out that there is a £150 a day "discrepancy" between my rate and what the client thinks I'm getting.

Have lunch with the pimp today, not sure whether to bring it up then or just email.

They must be idiots to think I wouldn't find out given I'm the one producing the budget.

How have people handled this in the past?
                  10%, that's not so bad Norrahe.

Definitely have words, but keep them calm and professional.

Let us know how it goes this evening.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

When you say the client thinks your getting £150 more than you are really getting, do you mean the client knows they are paying X to the agent and assume you weren't bent over and ridden for all your are worth by the agent when negtiating your rate with them?

Comment

Please do let us know how you got on with lunch.

Comment

Working...
                      X