• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Employees Lazy ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Of course it would help if the govt had saved during the "boom" years(even if it was actually a boom illusion).

Even so, I think best way is to inflate our way out of this.
    Fire up the printing presses boys!

Hang on. that's already been tried. We are soooo dooomed.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Spot on - about the British builder at least.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        As a generalisation, they are right.

Too many people wanting someone else to 'invest' in them instead of taking the initiative themselves.
        The UK has historically always needed people to be cannon fodder in wars, sent down the mines, etc - these "lazy" people are them.

Unfortunately the world has moved on but centuries of conditioning can't be wiped out that quickly.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          They might be more convincing if they themselves had any experience of working long hard hours for a crap wage. But they don't: Hard-working Tory MPs on “lazy British workers”
          The names Truss and Skidmore bring up visions of the small ads section of News of the World to me. :
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Just eliminate the minimum wage and cut benefits.

Then it's not our problem if they're lazy.

Comment

Of course it would help if the govt had saved during the "boom" years(even if it was actually a boom illusion).

Even so, I think best way is to inflate our way out of this.
              Inflation is a tax.

Comment

I think best way is to inflate our way out of this.
                Inflation as in 'I need to re-negotiate my rate at renewal time' or 'Payment terms are invoice lunchtime for payment by close of business today'.

Hyper-inflation never did anyone any harm did it?

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                  Hyper-inflation never did anyone any harm did it?
                  I reckon a bout of hyperinflation would do us all some good. Everybody would stop whinging, expecting something for nothing, and realise how good we'd had it all along.

Either that, or losing a war. What happened to the last country that had hyper inflation and then lost a world war?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I reckon a bout of hyperinflation would do us all some good. Everybody would stop whinging, expecting something for nothing, and realise how good we'd had it all along.

Either that, or losing a war. What happened to the last country that had hyper inflation and then lost a world war?
                    Japan and Germany both had their debts wiped out after losing and had masses of investment ploughed in to kick start their economies
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

There will be chavs always.
                      Its not chavs though is it. The people at client co are straight out the door at exactly 5, having been out for their lunch (they get 30 mins), which takes 30 mins, then another 30 to eat it. Always plenty of time to spend a few hours chatting about any subject.

But imagine the shocked faces when their manager tells them they need them to do their work quicker. Not possible, we are working our arses off.

So I have automated 90% of their work, but they are still no faster but it has released more of their type for chatting and longer lunch breaks.

We have a culture of people who feel entitled and yet dont have to work hard for what they are entitled to. Whether it be benefits or a wage.

Comment

Working...
                      X