• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British Employees Lazy ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    They are unmanageable. Things that were agreed are done for a day or two and then forgotten. When its later discovered that they have stopped doing it, their excuse is usually Oh I was too busy, or I thought we were only doing that to see if it worked.

One girl tried to strongly manage her department, by creating job descriptions and apportioning responsibility, and task lists and then reviewing in one to one sessions why things had not been done, ended up creating such a horrible atmosphere and felt she was getting no support for getting rid of those who consistently didnt perfom that she couldnt stand it and left.

These are not kids either. The youngest is probably 35, with many in their 50s. Who have always worked this way, have 30 years experience so know better etc etc
    Is this public sector?

Or the Wernham Hogg Paper Company perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by EscapeUK
      We have a culture of people who feel entitled and yet dont have to work hard for what they are entitled to. Whether it be benefits or a wage.
      A perfect description of Parliament there I'd say.

Anyone disagree ?

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate View Post
        A perfect description of CUK Membership there I'd say.

Anyone disagree ?
        FTFY

Based on the amount of work hours posting that goes on in here
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Is this public sector?
          Not at all, its a family owned business that turns over > 10 million and makes about £100k -200 a year if they are lucky or loses the same if not. I think the person who said turnover is vanity had them in mind.

It has always felt like its on the edge and I think the staff have just become used to it or the better ones have left for more secure positions.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            Not at all, its a family owned business that turns over > 10 million and makes about £100k -200 a year if they are lucky or loses the same if not. I think the person who said turnover is vanity had them in mind.

It has always felt like its on the edge and I think the staff have just become used to it or the better ones have left for more secure positions.
            Then the staff issue is sad for the company. What do you think they should do?

Comment

Working...
            X