• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York to London in < 1 Hour?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think i'd wait until they perfected the Inertial Dampening Field first...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Presumably it couldn't go hypersonic immediately - unless you want your passengers to experience 9G's- so the transition from take off speed to full on is the technical challenge
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Presumably it couldn't go hypersonic immediately - unless you want your passengers to experience 9G's- so the transition from take off speed to full on is the technical challenge
        I don't think they are developing this to ever be a passenger jet, the New York to London is just let people grasp how fast it goes. Wil likely be used to deliver things like warheads.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Followed by "Er, when exactly can you install my legs back into live, Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta?"
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I hope they persevere. This sort of thing never works the first time you try it. You have to keep going and figure out where you're going wrong.
            We used to be absolutely ace at developing engines and stuff.

******* yanks don't know their arse from their elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
              I don't think they are developing this to ever be a passenger jet, the New York to London is just let people grasp how fast it goes. Wil likely be used to deliver things like warheads.
              Oohh I don't know. Just needs a bit of creative developement and investment. Cue Richard Branson and Virgin Dr Strangelove Tours. Just strap yourself on and enjoy the ride!
              "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Ah ha, they thought of that. After all, you never hear Kirk saying "Beam me up, Bob" do you?
                They always talk in ST about crazy and backwards McCoy is for not trusting the transporter... so it's amazing how many episodes it doesn't work properly.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  They always talk in ST about crazy and backwards McCoy is for not trusting the transporter... so it's amazing how many episodes it doesn't work properly.
                  Indeed, knowing my luck when I'll eventually use it at the clientco, the bloody contract cleaner will be hoovering the transporter chamber at the same time and I'll reappear at Proximus Prime Spaceport with a fecking Dyson embedded in my arse.

Which would be a tad embarrassing...
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    Indeed, knowing my luck when I'll eventually use it at the clientco, the bloody contract cleaner will be hoovering the transporter chamber at the same time and I'll reappear at Proximus Prime Spaceport with a fecking Dyson embedded in my arse.

Which would be a tad embarrassing...
                    Unless Proximus Prime is a Hooveronic planet, governed by the Dysonions, in which case the appliance will have a hard time explaining to vacuum customs why it has its extension tube stuck up a monkeys bum

well.it could happen

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      Unless Proximus Prime is a Hooveronic planet, governed by the Dysonions, in which case the appliance will have a hard time explaining to vacuum customs why it has its extension tube stuck up a monkeys bum

well.it could happen

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X