• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bugger contracting!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zathras
    There is no such thing as a permenent job in this country, you might need that Limited company in a couple of years!
    Am I right in thinking you can just make a Ltd Co dormant rather than striking it off? Although I have to say, when I was setting mine up and mentioned this to the accountant and he did imply it was 'easier' to close up completely and just start a new one at a later date if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Yes, LM, that can be done... but my accountant said it was easier to shut it down completely & start again with a new one if necessary.
      That's what I thought.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Don't bother looking for that thread of mine, it's long gone, the stuff is still on the old board though.
        The "old board". I think that was before my time here i.e. lurking since about March.

Comment

Cool.

Ezboard - yuck!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
            I'm not loyal to a market. If it doesn't serve me then I will jump ship. It's a matter of economics.

I'll start a new company if I need one in the future.

My job is to boss around contractors so ....
            Monkey, in which sector are you? How did you compare the rates with a permie salary if I am not too indiscrete?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              "Contract market is dead at the moment anyway and I need to eat."
              im getting paid equiv of 40k for 3 days work a week pls me own apartment in dutchy land.

nice.

Comment

Market dead ???

Where, who, what, why when ?????

Come on lets hear all the gory details, house reposession etc etc.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  Monkey, in which sector are you? How did you compare the rates with a permie salary if I am not too indiscrete?
                  Indiscreet.

Fleetwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                    I work for an average of 9 months a year so my daily rate and tax advantage is about the same as the salary paid over 9 months. The plus side being I'm working for 12 months so it's more money Oh and I'm getting dividends from the company as well which has demonstrated itself to be profitable.

Sector is "new ventures" I think the phrase is.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
                      I work for an average of 9 months a year so my daily rate and tax advantage is about the same as the salary paid over 9 months. The plus side being I'm working for 12 months so it's more money Oh and I'm getting dividends from the company as well which has demonstrated itself to be profitable.

Sector is "new ventures" I think the phrase is.
                      I do multiply the daily rate by 200 and subtract about 10-20% as the risk factor. Perhaps it's too simple but hey, life is easier when it's simple. :-) So I deducted that 70k permie is more than 400quid a day contracts.
                      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                      X