• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bugger contracting!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so good at stacking shelves, I'm netting £100k at Tescos anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
      And what does that money bring you?

Possessions and nothing else.
      Nice holidays. Good food. Cinema, theatre, concerts. The best health care. A nice house with a nice big garden. A second home somewhere nice. A nice car. Early retirement if desired.

So, nothing really.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
        Good food.
        That would cost you a lot more than 100k a year in England.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
          And what does that money bring you?

Possessions and nothing else.
          And gorgeous women if your Sven!!

Comment

Sven is a contractor among contractors!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Nah, that'd be yer average contractor.

A good contractor can net 140k, three times as many holidays, AND still find time to post on CUK.
              I must be a good contractor then.
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                Pah, money can buy you love as well.
                I can testify to that €50 in Amsterdam will bring you love, a blow job and some fu*ky fu*ky.
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
                  Important: when companies house stike off the bank account will be closed and any dosh/assets goes to the crown. So make sure you do it in the right order.

Caveat Emptor.
                  Is this one of those "its only fair" 100% taxes?

and, did the Emperor Caveat rule Rome?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                    The best health care.
                    erm surely that should read that you get to jump to the front of the queue to get the same health care as everyone else?!
                    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

On Permanent Career Jobs and the Work Slave

You have heard, of course, of those tiny fish in the rivers of Brazil that attack the unwary swimmer by thousands and with swift little nibbles clean him up in a few minutes, leaving only an immaculate skeleton?

Well, that's what the organization is.

"Do you want a good clean life?
                      Like everybody else?"

You say yes, of course.

How can one say no?

"O.K. You'll be cleaned up.

Here's a job, a family, and organized leisure activities."

And the little teeth attack the flesh, right down to the bone.

Having slavery but not calling it that – even denying it and congratulating ourselves for this advance is “useful.” It has two consequences:

It soothes the consciousness of the slave “owner.”

The illusion of non-slavery often, even usually, internalized by the slaves themselves, gives them at least some sense of (false) hope.

“Just between us, slavery, preferably with a smile, is inevitable then. But we must not admit it. Isn't it better that whoever cannot do without having slaves should call them free men?

For the principle to begin with, and, secondly, not to drive them to despair. We owe them that compensation, don't we?

In that way, they will continue to smile and we shall maintain our good conscience.”

Comment

Working...
                      X