• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympics excellence versus constant football underachievement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even less than i put in at work.

Comment

so every morning you get out of bed and go to work to do the bare minimum to get by??

I can see why you would do that but not what you are expecting to acheive by doing that.

can you enlighten me?

Comment

Nope, you've just assumed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          Nope, you've just assumed that.
          They're just humans like you or me. Do you go to work for the pride and passion? I ******* well don't.
          Even less than i put in at work.
          Only because of your previous posts?

Comment

You're still assuming.

I go to work for remuneration. I want money, my client want my services.

The same thing applies to footballers. It's hypocritical to expect them to have other motives.

Comment

You're still assuming.

I go to work for remuneration. I want money, my client want my services.

The same thing applies to footballers. It's hypocritical to expect them to have other motives.
              But that makes an assumption that everyone is purely driven by money and that is simply not true.

You are saying you want to go to work and do as little as possible for as much return as possible and at no point in time will you even consider putting that little bit of extra effort in if there is no immediate financial return.

Not all people work that way and therefore not all footballers work that way.

Comment

"A little bit extra" is a subconscious reflex to keep you in your job and see off competition. You are ultimately doing it for your own gain.

Comment

"A little bit extra" is a subconscious reflex to keep you in your job and see off competition. You are ultimately doing it for your own gain.
                  yes but you are saying that bit extra is always financial for footballers and yourself.

I am just saying that may not be the case.

You can just do that bit extra for purely altruistic motives

Comment

No i'm not, i am saying it is wrong to expect them to be like that just because they are footballers. Some of them may be, but if they are not, one should not judge.

Comment

You can't generalise about all footballers being purely motivated by money. Like every other occupation it's a mix of money and enjoying the job.

At one end of the scale Adebayour is a money-grabber, whereas Gerrard is never happier than when he is running all over the pitch kicking people or scoring goals.

Comment

Working...
                      X