• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wind power. Not a mistake but a blunder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Twasn't as bad as all that, IIRC.
    If I go ill I like to be treated with surgery. Not leeches.

Comment

In those days scientists were predicting that London would end up under 9 foot of horse poo.

The Great Horse-Manure Crisis of 1894 | The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I want to sit on top of one of the windmills, it looks really cool up there

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Another report out about the effect of wind power on electricity bills

more than a mistake, it's a blunder

'The necessary investment for this Wind scenario would amount to about £124 billion. The same electricity demand could be met from 21.5 GW of combined cycle gas plants with a capital cost of £13 billion'

the current scenario will cost 10 times more in capital costs

I did say they probably had a point to put across...

Global Warming Policy Foundation - SourceWatch

Its a front for the oil and gas companies. A bit like starting a "charity" called "Flufy Bunnies and pretty birds", as a lobby group for hunting. (not that theres anything wrong with shooting wild animals, just not too many or there wont be any left for me to shoot).

I dont have a problem with lobby groups as long as they name themselves properly and state who funds them. My ficticious group should be called Smash Bang and Death to Wildlife. Funded exclusively by people with guns, gun makers and ammunition makers... not the tax payer.

And Global Warming Policy fondation sould be called "Keep buying Oil and Gas or our shareholdings will go down". Funded by Energy companies using money made from profits on the gas and petrol you bought but would just as hapilly bought clean electric as long as your car did 0-60 in under 8secs and 300 miles on a charge. And a bit from the taxpayer?
          Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
            I did say they probably had a point to put across...

Global Warming Policy Foundation - SourceWatch

Its a front for the oil and gas companies. A bit like starting a "charity" called "Flufy Bunnies and pretty birds", as a lobby group for hunting. (not that theres anything wrong with shooting wild animals, just not too many or there wont be any left for me to shoot).

I dont have a problem with lobby groups as long as they name themselves properly and state who funds them. My ficticious group should be called Smash Bang and Death to Wildlife. Funded exclusively by people with guns, gun makers and ammunition makers... not the tax payer.

And Global Warming Policy fondation sould be called "Keep buying Oil and Gas or our shareholdings will go down". Funded by Energy companies using money made from profits on the gas and petrol you bought but would just as hapilly bought clean electric as long as your car did 0-60 in under 8secs and 300 miles on a charge. And a bit from the taxpayer?
            wow well done sherlock.

the gwpf is anti CAGW, as am I. there is also an anti wind argument on economic grounds

there is no hidden agenda. no one is trying to pass ideology off as science.
            If there is a counter argument , lets hear it.

lets be clear, I am 100% against wind on the carbon argument
            50% against wind on the economic argument

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
            X