• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why does the caribbean produce so many quality sprinters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Who do you think posts in the counting thread?
    Can we have an analysis of how many posts each forum member has made? By teatime?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Do your kids do sport, Brillo?

From my (admittedly limited) knowledge of Aspergers, the discipline and repetitive nature would seem ideally suited.
      I keep trying to encourage them - but no joy. Though the eldest lad has a trial for the local swimming club in September. But you are right - it should be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Who do you think posts in the counting thread?
        BrilloPad 5,815
        oscarose 498
        eek 434
        Gonzo 414
        zara_backdog 383
        hyperD 347
        shaunbhoy 341
        miffy 302
        moorfield 194
        MarillionFan 190

HTH

Comment

You should take up geocaching.

I'm averagely sad, with some 500+ geocaches to my name (I did 5 today). But there are cachers out there with 25K+ caches. You could be one of them.

Edit: And my nettle stings still hurt.
          Last edited by mudskipper; 5 August 2012, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            You should take up geocaching.

I'm averagely sad, with some 500+ geocaches to my name (I did 5 today). But there are cachers out there with 25K+ caches. You could be one of them.

Edit: And my nettle stings still hurt.
            You know whats good for stings, ammonia!

I am willing to pee on you, for your own good

Not that I am still bitter about EO's fixing this years CUK University Challenge
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Usain Bolt runs at 31mph which sounds good, but if he hits a child there's a 40% chance they'll die.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Usain Bolt runs at 31mph which sounds good, but if he hits a child there's a 40% chance they'll die.
                Both of them?
                Me, me, me...

Comment

There was a great documentary on the BBC about the history of sprinting and how the "power" sprinting phase started (originally thought lighter body types were better iirc).

IMO, it's a mix of genetics and culture - success breeds success.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Having a looky at a stats site it seems that Lennox Miller who won sprint medals in 68 & 72 and Don Quarrie (76, 80) must have kicked off a huge interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      Having a looky at a stats site it seems that Lennox Miller who won sprint medals in 68 & 72 and Don Quarrie (76, 80) must have kicked off a huge interest.
                      How much of it is to do with the fact that many of these guys would have very little/nothing/live on or near the poverty line if they did not become succesful atheletes?

Comment

Working...
                      X