• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is outsourcing the cause of RBS debacle?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    (which simply boosts exports).
    We need something to export... you know, something tangible, that exists..

Comment

Money doesn't leak, it weakens the pound, which boosts exports.

Comment

Again, because you cannot spend Pound Sterling abroad we are not "giving our money away" we are weakening the pound (which simply boosts exports).
        You can spend the Pound Sterling abroad. It has long been a tradition of immigrants from third world countries to send money back home.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          You can spend the Pound Sterling abroad. It has long been a tradition of immigrants from third world countries to send money back home.
          And me, in other countries I always send my moolah back home.

I remember the fun we had waiting for exchange rate spikes to IBAN our cash home.

Comment

If you want to actually buy something you'll typically have to buy it from the UK though. Which means the money comes back.

Comment

Money doesn't leak, it weakens the pound, which boosts exports.
              A weak pound pushes up the prices of importing raw materials too.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

A weak pound pushes up the prices of importing raw materials too.
                It reduces the cost to add value though.

Comment

Ah gawd, don't confuse him with Balance of Payments ; he's already struggling with economics more modern than the mid 1800's.

For the "typically buy from the UK"

What exports do foreign nationals typically buy from the UK from overseas?

Its much more likely their money will go to Germany, Japan, China, USA etc - as they manufacture things that people want.

I've just seen the post above, I call troll :P

Comment

Scoobus you are a twat. You are clueless economically but yet you are the one giving me jibes.

Comment

I hope I'm not - I have a degree in Economics (*cough* 15 years ago)

Damn you got me, I already forgot about "It reduces the cost to add value though." as an answer to imports cost more.
                      Last edited by Scoobos; 6 August 2012, 15:57.

Comment

Working...
                      X