• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Adopting a Boris Johnson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    With a brian the size of a planet he does a very good job of hiding it.
    Showing you are the brightest star in the room is not the best way to succeed. I have lost countless battles over the years because I can pull a full working idea out of thin air or prove someone else's cant work in seconds.

While its fun to pop a blue mark round the date you think the poo will strike and take spread bets it's not wise or clever.

Boris is so stupid he is the mayor of London... And just think how many bright sparks there are in that place...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      The world is a stage, and in his life a man must play many parts.
      It's knowing which mask to put on thats the hard bit
      Very true, EO. Though I liked Robert Conquest's limerick version of the Shakespeare original best.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
        A Brian?
        Where's he keep him?
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Showing you are the brightest star in the room is not the best way to succeed. I have lost countless battles over the years because I can pull a full working idea out of thin air or prove someone else's cant work in seconds.

While its fun to pop a blue mark round the date you think the poo will strike and take spread bets it's not wise or clever.

Boris is so stupid he is the mayor of London... And just think how many bright sparks there are in that place...
          No, Boris really is a clever chap - and he really is an expert at hiding the fact.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

you are so right.Why can't they see it? I find now I just smile and send an email later.

I really liked your idea of painting it Blue, lets build on it, we should dye it green.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              No, Boris really is a clever chap - and he really is an expert at hiding the fact.
              I agree. All of the cleverest people I've known over the years have been wise enough to hide the fact they were cleverer than those they were seeking to influence. None of them have done it with Boris's inimitable style, though.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                you are so right.Why can't they see it? I find now I just smile and send an email later.

I really liked your idea of painting it Blue, lets build on it, we should dye it green.
                I actually got a milestone put into the project plan once. I told the poor PMO that it was a reminder for a hardware delivery on phase two

I got a total kicking when the programme manager asked what it was after the fan had been decimated by tulipe and the milestone seemed to coincide (in the same week and ironically the only thing that had made its target on the whole project)

I probably should not have referred him back to the meeting where I said x would kill y and the timeslip would be z

Never mind. Was fun at the time.

Comment

Never mind. Was fun at the time.
                  And I bet you don't regret it either

Comment

It is the easiest thing in the world to be negative about anyone or anything.

You can be as negative about Boris as you like but he won a mayoral election when labour were way ahead of the Tories in terms of popularity.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      It is the easiest thing in the world to be negative about anyone or anything.

You can be as negative about Boris as you like but he won a mayoral election when labour were way ahead of the Tories in terms of popularity.
                      No it isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X