• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time Required to get SC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Cos this is General - Fool!
    Doh!! .. I am such an idiot!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Why don't people bother to read the SC sticky in Business/Contracts section. All these questions have been covered in there.
      I take it you didn't spot the humor reference to G4S or the big Grin? Relax, some of us actually read the Sticky and still have a sense of humor left.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that SC has nothing to do with national security but everything to do with government departments not wanting their cock-ups being made public.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I have come to the conclusion that SC has nothing to do with national security but everything to do with government departments not wanting their cock-ups being made public.
          Well well well .. I know couple of BOBs, they have got SC having Tier I visa even sitting in India!

Secondly Was just curious while SC processing is going on , if my project is finished, then do the sponsor abort the process? or eventually, SC will arrive in a post?

Comment

Originally posted by WilsonPiper72 View Post
            Well well well .. I know couple of BOBs, they have got SC having Tier I visa even sitting in India!
            You sure? You need at least ILR to get SC.....

Comment

Any idea?
              How long is a piece of string?

Mine took about 2 months, but that was a few years ago. Expired now. There were 2 other people who had the process started the same week... one came back about 2 weeks before mine, the other took an extra 6 weeks. Whatever the current 'average' wait is, I bet there's still a huge variability even if you think your circumstances are simple.

Comment

Mine took 5 months, from last June. And I'm very very boring.

They were giving those whose SC was about to expire an extra year; that's how behind they were.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  You sure? You need at least ILR to get SC.....
                  1000%!

Comment

1000%!
                    Sorry, don't buy it, maybe Malvolio will jump in, hve you seen the SC forms? You need UK addresses and a passport with at least non-time limited visa in it, you must be mistaken.

Comment

You need five year's UK residency and a current permanent address even to be considered for SC clearance. If you haven't got that and still have SC clearance, then someone somewhere is telling lies. The Tier 1 guys presumably were in the UK (else why have an expensive and difficult to acquire Tier 1?) and gained SC then, but it will have lapsed immediately they left the country

Also you don't get a framed certificate or a little badge or anything, the post owner will be advised by the authorities that Person A is now cleared to a given level for a period of time. They then grant you access to the secret filing cabinet or whatever you need to do the job unsupervised.

The clearance goes with the role, not the person, something too many people tend to forget. So if the job has disappeared, so has your clearance: all that happens is your application details are kept on file for a year so you don't necessarily have to reapply, although questions will be asked to make sure you haven't spent a few months holiday in Afghanistan for instance.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X