• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quitting a contract for the first time in 6 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I have hated one place I worked at, it was back when I was a permie. I was marked down in my appraisal for not fixing a bug. The bug was caused by rounding a number down ... it was not a bug it was the law of ******* maths.

Manager could not understand and insisted it was a bug and blamed me for having 'poor problem solving ability'. I wrote examples using numbers less than 10 and he honestly did not understand it, his manager was spineless and did nothing. My wife was genuinely concerned I was on the brink of depression and phoned some old friends and asked them to come over now and then to cheer me up.

The guarantees I made myself when I began contracting is that I will never:

Be in a position where someone can bully and walk all over me
    Let work make me feel that way again.

I would leave the place ASAP. If it is bothering you then it is only going to get worse.
    Why didn't you round the number up if that's what they wanted?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Why didn't you round the number up if that's what they wanted?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        Seems to me they were right - you lack problem solving ability
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Seems to me they were right - you lack problem solving ability
          Well what can I say? Clearly I was overthinking things!
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            This place is civil service to the power of politburo. What a waste of my life; f**k it, I'm quitting this contract end of this week.
            I never had you down as someone who cared about doing a good job or making a difference, are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Even Suity stuck out his last contract and got an extension until November. Just Sayin Like.

MF.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You are on a slippery slope!! One contract today, name change to NWPerm2Contractor tomorrow!!! beware
                Thanks for always keeping me in mind and not forgetting me, lasted 1 week so far only another 50 weeks to go!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I never had you down as someone who cared about doing a good job or making a difference, are you sure you're cut out to be a contractor?

Believe it or not I actually care about systems being tested properly!
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

First - I have no qualms about being professional and adding as much value as my meagre skills allow.
                    BUT Second - I don't care enough to get upset about it - smile, wave and count the money.
                    I would never let some twonk hound me out of a contract, if anything I would stay on purpose to annoy them. There are a hundred ways to appear compliant and helpful while undermining the idiot involved.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                      First - I have no qualms about being professional and adding as much value as my meagre skills allow.
                      BUT Second - I don't care enough to get upset about it - smile, wave and count the money.
                      I would never let some twonk hound me out of a contract, if anything I would stay on purpose to annoy them. There are a hundred ways to appear compliant and helpful while undermining the idiot involved.
                      All well and good but if the politics in question is preventing you from doing a job properly then the hassle is simply not worth the money.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X