• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paralympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for thought then, would they allow him in to the highjump? Would they buggery, they are sprung carbon fibre. It can't be right to let him run with technology that is debatable in one catagory and a clear advantage in another. It has to be one rule. Arguing use of technology is not an advantage is not enough of an excuse to use technology that isn't normally allowed.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Question for thought then, would they allow him in to the highjump? Would they buggery, they are sprung carbon fibre. It can't be right to let him run with technology that is debatable in one catagory and a clear advantage in another. It has to be one rule. Arguing use of technology is not an advantage is not enough of an excuse to use technology that isn't normally allowed.
      I bet he shags your wife better too.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I'd like to think we'd have the makings of an altogether new exciting dimension to the Olympics, with new race categories. Would the pole vault be more exciting without a pole? Is a springy carbon fibre pole more of an advantage than no pole, or any different to springy carbon fibre leg attachments?

It's never fair. Some people have bigger muscles, more hormones, longer legs, etc.
        That's not a valid example, every competitor has a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I bet he shags your wife better too.
          Nice comeback..... if you were 12.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            That's not a valid example, every competitor has a pole.
            My argument was that every competitor would have sprung leg attachments and that the race would be open to both the able and disabled and that it would be a new exciting race category.

Comment

Nice comeback..... if you were 12.
              Iw as talking about NorthernLadyUK
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                My argument was that every competitor would have sprung leg attachments and that the race would be open to both the able and disabled and that it would be a new exciting race category.
                But if you have legs, you wouldn't maybe get the same advantage with the attachments so it's still not level. It would only be level if able-bodied athletes were allowed to have their lower legs cut off.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  But if you have legs, you wouldn't maybe get the same advantage with the attachments so it's still not level. It would only be level if able-bodied athletes were allowed to have their lower legs cut off.
                  Indeed. I don't think you'd get many takers.

Comment

If he was allowed to enter the high jump then all he would need to do is get his detachable legs made longer and he would just need to step over

Comment

A few years ago Chris Boardman won a track cycling gold riding a custom built bike that was different to every other competitors. After that Olympics they banned it and introduced ruls ensuring all riders were on a level playing field in terms of technology.

I'm surprised they let him in (although I think what he does is pretty cool)
                      If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Working...
                      X