• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From the mouths of babes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    This is part of the problem with our collective and manipulated, subservient mindsets. We think that contacting our MP will somehow change anything. It doesn't. It just means we've had to dig a little deeper into our pocketses to pay for a standard letter of reply, just to rub their conceit deep into our little noses a little more.

The are a self-serving Elite interested only in their own careers and ensuring the status quo.

They despise us. But they have no idea how much we despise them. There's 656 of them, 60 milion of us and one day, that will be their undoing.

The very essence of defining a mendacious character with an evil, self-serving deep snout can be found in the moral bankcruptcy of a bullied worm that one day announces to his peers that "they will stand as an MP".

Utter utter scum. There's not enough piano wire and lamposts for these evil bastards. I would quite happily spend a day without invoicing, hanging these scum and watching them swing, pour encourager les autres.

Utter, utter, despicable pieces of privileged tulips.

Every bone idle, time serving nest featherer in Parliament is one less idealistic would-be tyrant trying to impose their will on everyone by statute. The more the merrier I say - Getting frightfully het up about MPs' expenses is frankly childish and misguided, when you think of the worse things they could be doing, like their "jobs"
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Every bone idle, time serving nest featherer in Parliament is one less idealistic would-be tyrant trying to impose their will on everyone by statute. The more the merrier I say - Getting frightfully het up about MPs' expenses is frankly childish and misguided, when you think of the worse things they could be doing, like their "jobs"
      I vote they do time!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The story covers not only tax evasion but also benefits fraud. I bet most of those bitching about '1984' wouldn't be doing so if it only covered benefits cheats...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In my school we were taught to tell your school's NKVD officer if your parents told something bad about the Govt.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            In my school we were taught to tell your school's NKVD officer if your parents told something bad about the Govt.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              They despise us. But they have no idea how much we despise them. There's 656 of them, 60 milion of us and one day, that will be their undoing.
              I really wish I could believe that, but unfortunately apathy, marketing and consumerism have killed the freewill of the majority, and they don't even know it.

I'd add though, having read the full thing, that I can't really find anything that offensive in there; other than the translation of "cost per individual" and the very small pie chart area for Corp tax and VAT. I simply do not believe the VAT figures at all.
              Last edited by Scoobos; 27 July 2012, 15:49.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Are you taking the mick or were you seriously a resident of the USSR?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  AtW is our genuine unreconstructed top-down rules oriented Soviet
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Actually it says

“What do students think about people who try to avoid paying taxes? Is it a victimless crime? What kind of penalties should such people be given when they are caught?”
                    in the example its refuse. Neither are evasion. I can refuse to pay for a gardener and do it myself, its not illegal. I can also refuse to pay for a gardener and concrete my garden over subject to the correct observance of the planning law. not illegal.

I can choose to hold a bunch of chinamen hostage in my cellar to do my garden that is illegal. I can also claim on my parliamentary expenses to do my garden, both of those are illegal.

I can claim disability living allowance and spend my life in a wheelchair with crippling pain with a genuine illness. Not illegal.

I can claim disability allowance for a bad back and take up body building, ballroom dancing etc. likely to be illegal.

the borders are being blurred intentionally. Asking minors to make those distinctions and report them is most definitely unsavoury, but of course any person has a responsibility to report when they see a law broken. I'm not sure I want an 11 year old encouraged to do it for taxation though.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                      When you work with people who lived under communism they tell stories like that as if it's a matter of well known fact.

It makes you scared, very scared because the UK is becoming like their former states and we are supposedly a democracy.......
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X