• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

From the mouths of babes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a name for that.

Ah 'Hector Youth' will they get Brownshirts?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I notice HMRC have gone a bit mental over the last few month.

I recently got a bunch of arbitrary NI bills from about 4 years ago that i wasn't even aware i owed.

They also recently tried to fine me 400 quid out of the blue for not doing my p35 a year prior to my business starting up. I rang them up and they said the letter was wrong but i'm sure they're just having a go to see if some people won't bother to appeal and will just pay it. They make it so awkward to appeal i'm sure people do - they don't even tell you which address to send the letter to. Finally they sent it to my mum's address where i used to live during permiedom times, but where i have never based my business.

Nice to know your own government wants to **** over its businesses.
      Last edited by Robinho; 26 July 2012, 10:46.

Comment

I am teaching my kids to find as many ways as legally possible to minimise their contributions. The country is no longer fair, and I dont want my kids to suffer because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          If you're thinking about that quote "Give me a child until they are seven, and they're mine for life", several people, in various forms.
          That is a Jesuit motto - was thinking something more sinister:
          RESHAPING OF EDUCATION AND RETRAINING OF YOUTH

The Nazi conspirators publicly announced the purposes of their educational and training program. Hitler stated at Elbing, Germany:

"When an opponent declares, 'I will not come over to your side, and you will not get me on your side,' I calmly say, 'Your child belongs to me already. A people lives forever. What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants however now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community'."
          "The youth of today is ever the people of tomorrow. For this reason we have set before ourselves the task of inoculating our youth with the spirit of this community of the people at a very early age, at an age when human beings are still unperverted and therefore unspoiled. This Reich stands, and it is building itself up for the future, upon its youth. And this new Reich will give its youth to no one, but will itself take youth and give to youth its own education and its own upbringing."
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I am teaching my kids to find as many ways as legally possible to minimise their contributions. The country is no longer fair, and I dont want my kids to suffer because of it.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              I am teaching my kids to move abroad as soon as they can.

Comment

Please buy a t-shirt.

Designs on Gifts - CafePress United Kingdom
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Because we allowed it.
                  Sorry if this offends some of the ladies here, although in a way it is flattering. But I think a major contribution is the bossy women in politics these days.

The problem is they're too efficient and demanding, whereas the guys of yesteryear were more laid back and for the most part less efficient.

It may sound a bit sexist; but I think there should be fewer women in politics (preferably none) and more in classrooms, where they would be more effective than most of the guys.

Oh boy - I'd better go and hide now.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Just imagine if Hitler was a woman. Good god.

Comment

Have twittered this to my MP asking him to justify (he's a Lib Dem)

Comment

Working...
                      X