• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Authors who haven't written a single bad book

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E.L. James
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Will Self
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Will Self
        I have to take issue there.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Up until about 3 books ago I would have said Christopher Brookmyre, but he's really gone off the boil lately
          We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
          - Douglas Adams

Comment

Sun Tzu
            Voltaire
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Roger Hargreaves.

Comment

Eric Ambler - not read them all, those I have yeah, no stinkers but then, no masterpieces either - always thought of him as Greene's underachieving brother .....

Will Self - Love him when he's good (Sweet smell of Psychosis, My Idea of Fun, Scale) but Great Apes was a second rate short story stretched out to a novel, I never finished 'The Book of Dave' and some of his short fiction is distinctly 'Sixth Form creative writing' (Flytopia).

I'd propose Thomas Pynchon. James Joyce would qualify if it wasn't for the unreadable Finnegans Wake.
                Last edited by pjclarke; 24 July 2012, 11:47.
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Greene's first book A Man Within is pretty ghastly, read about half his books and there is not another bad one. Human Factor is my favourite book.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    Will Self - Love him when he's good (Sweet smell of Psychosis, My Idea of Fun, Scale) but Great Apes was a second rate short story stretched out to a novel, I never finished 'The Book of Dave' and some of his short fiction is distinctly 'Sixth Form creative writing' (Flytopia).
                    Great Apes is one of my favourites of his and The Book of Dave, although hard going at first was a good read

Is there a reason you picked on Flytopia?
                    Flytopia (2012) - IMDb
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                      Roger Hargreaves.
                      Well, OK, most were good but I think he peaked with Mr Bump.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X