• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My neighbour is a bellend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Seems fair enough. At the moment, I haven't had any disputes, hes just asking weird. Which is why I dont intend to get into an argument with him.
    Best approach really. The builder wanted to deck him after he'd concreted in the ACO channels.

Good luck anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      Its worse than that, they are entitled to ask if the people played music out loud after 11pm, if the police have been called to a neighbours house, if there has been fighting in the streets, how many car accidents have been within 150m of the house. You now have an obligation to answer these truthfully
      Really? How do they check half of these things though?

Luckily, none of these yet. (and the fight between 4yr old and 8 yr old took place in my house from what I can remember so dont know if this counts)

Apart from maybe,

Has you're neighbours builder let his spirit level encroach on your grass by 2" ?
      Has your neighbour trimmed his hedge (which is not near your house) without warning you first?
      Has your neighbours builder inadvertently dropped 1 cubic inch of muck onto your driveway and not submitted a written apology?
      Has you neighbour ever cut his grass without your permission?

If so, I'm buggered.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Best approach really. The builder wanted to deck him after he'd concreted in the ACO channels.

Good luck anyway.

Thank you, It may seem petty but having just spent the last 3 weeks finalising the design & loading for some roof based ACO it bugged me (the subbie was trying to cut cost & not use ACO but a cheap knock off that sounds the same but would not be man enough for the load)
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

Thank you, It may seem petty but having just spent the last 3 weeks finalising the design & loading for some roof based ACO it bugged me (the subbie was trying to cut cost & not use ACO but a cheap knock off that sounds the same but would not be man enough for the load)
          No worries, I was being flippant with my reply, these things are interesting and important to know if you're house building/changing

Going for the extension then.

Comment

Going for the extension then.
            Not me, it’s my job, you see I am a) not a contractor & b) not in IT

I am in fact a dodgy permie QS who has a working knowledge of IT geekery, I loiter here occasionally having met a few of the regulars at one of the London meet ups (my husband BGG was a regular poster) & sometimes you all can be amusing
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Do they have any pets you can kill?
              Or teenage daughters you can sleep with?

Failing that do you have a ladder?
              If so, paint all of their windows black one night.

Will it help?
              No but it will provide more amusing threads to read which, I think, is why we are all here in the first place!
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

When I lived with my parents, we had neighbours on one side we didnt speak to for around 15 years (In fact one of them died before we spoke to them again hahaha) Its a none issue as long as your are detached.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  When I lived with my parents, we had neighbours on one side we didnt speak to for around 15 years (In fact one of them died before we spoke to them again hahaha) Its a none issue as long as your are detached.
                  Psychics?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Used to get on great (although they were always a bit weird) until my son (aged 4 at the time) had a fight with their son (aged 8). She went off on one about that for some reason.....

Anyway, since then they seem to focus on what we're doing a bit too much. We cut the hedge out the front of the house, next day they do the same. We cut the grass next day they do. Really weird.

Currently having a garage conversion done. They raised an objection to planning permission (didnt work). Builders arrived they moaned about van outside the house. This morning, builder put his spirit level 2" on her property and she came out to moan.

Are there really people out there who have nothing better to do?

Must admit when they tried to stop planning permission for no good reason I wasnt happy but at the moment I just cant be arsed with them. No idea why they're lives are so empty they have to focus on us.....
                    Let's hope they're getting their patio done soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Let's hope they're getting their patio done soon.
                      Oh, and another who can't read

One of your better ones though, although unable to see the lines patio finished and the year done so

Comment

Working...
                      X