• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I get a Porche Boxster?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread represents IT contractors "conforming to stereotypes"
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      Rapidly changing and I must admit I wasn't too taken with them until I got one for a bit of inexpensive summer fun. The German term Youngtimers suits them well. I have always thought the 190SL was very much in the shadow of the 300SL. The W113 is undoubtedly lovely. Finding a good one is hard and you're probably now talking upwards of £45K.
      I thought them ok, but were too slab sided for my liking, where as the PAgoda is slightly slabby, but with some gentle curves built in. I saw a beautiful, absolutely beautiful 230SL soft top the other day with a full restoration go for £45, which will stay at £45 all day long, if you maintain it, and drive it like you love it.

I loved the 190SL since growing up in Germany, just love it, the epitome of 50's cool afaiac. No power, possibly dreadful to drive, but just achingly lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Touché Mr. Agent.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          True that.
          Avoid any Mercs built between about 1998 and about 2005, they're almost as bad as French cars for reliability.
          Wife had a E320CDI (W211) from 2002 until earlier this year. 145,000 miles, and not one problem, outside of expected changes. I will admit, some things were quirky about it (the driving position was slightly offset), but nowt else.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            There are only a few reasons for buying a Boxster, none of them particularly flattering on the purchaser.

The smarter money goes on a Caterham.
            Depends. New boxter is a greatly improved car with some creature comfort without compromising the heritage. Its not that much slower than the outgoing 911.

The old boxter I would steer clear off. Caterham? No thanks. Too much like a coffin on wheels (both figuratively and literally).
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              You need to create a thread about be-gelled oiks, wafting Old spice, driving round in fast cars with giant spoilers, they buy on credit.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Depends. New boxter is a greatly improved car with some creature comfort without compromising the heritage. Its not that much slower than the outgoing 911.

The old boxter I would steer clear off. Caterham? No thanks. Too much like a coffin on wheels (both figuratively and literally).
                But it's still not a 911, and everyone will know, and to buy a proper one costs well over £55k. Madness. But you are right, better car than before.

I have a GL. Drove past a Caterham on the M5 the other day. No, not be happy driving one of those things about.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  GT-R.
                  Now you're talking. Mmmmmm.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    You need to create a thread about be-gelled oiks, wafting Old spice, driving round in fast cars with giant spoilers, they buy on credit.
                    There is only of me () so if I posted such a thread the only replies would be from the likes of you taking the p*ss (apart from Spod of course )
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      Now you're talking. Mmmmmm.
                      The trouble, imo, with the GT-R, is that as they are so heavily controlled by computers, when you have an off in one, it's normally at speeds improbable for normal cars, and they tend to be big ones. If you aren't a good driver, and I mean that as being think you're a good driver, you're going to have an off. A friend has an R34 GT-R chipped to 740bhp. It's beyond what you physically can believe is possible in a car, which means the time when you have an off, it's going to be one where two uniformed officers turn up at the door of loved ones. IMO. Great car, way too much input done by computers.

Comment

Working...
                      X