• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I get a Porche Boxster?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    surely someone of your standing SAS should only really be seen in the Mercedes S63 AMG ?
    Is Sas a Bulgarian pimp?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Is Sas a Bulgarian pimp?
      possibly, perhaps that gets revealed in a future episode?
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        surely someone of your standing SAS should only really be seen in the Mercedes S63 AMG ?
        It's not terribly surprising that the whole concept of a stylish classic seems to pass the plebs completely by.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Well thanks for the advice all - but I've decided a classic old Merc is probably more my style. And may have the added advantage of being an appreciating asset. I never could bring myself to pay thousands for a new car that loses a few grand as soon as you drive off the forecourt.

Any suggestions for which Merc? - the hairdresser style 2 seaters are out of the question.
          I have a lovely 1986 300 SL for sale and it'll leave you lots of change from your Boxster budget.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            I have a lovely 1986 300 SL for sale and it'll leave you lots of change from your Boxster budget.
            Hmmm I was thinking more 60s/early 70s stylee.
            80s I think is just about verging on classic car territory, but still has the feel of just being a very old car, if you see what I mean.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hmmm I was thinking more 60s/early 70s stylee.
              80s I think is just about verging on classic car territory, but still has the feel of just being a very old car, if you see what I mean.
              This SL model started being produced in 1971:

Mercedes R107

For what it is worth the later 1980s one are those most in demand. Same shape, but galvanized body and better mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

Porsche Boxster would cost around £55k once you put on the accessories it needs, in 3 years time it will be worth £20k. Good luck with that.

£55k could buy you an AM Vantage, XKR, R8, M6, or if you really want to scare yourself, an Ariel Atom. But, if course, you didn't post for some serious advice, you posted some more Walter
                For less than that I'd have one of these.

Tollbar Volvo Warwick : 911 [997] TURBO COUPE 2dr Tiptronic S

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  This SL model started being produced in 1971:

Mercedes R107

For what it is worth the later 1980s one are those most in demand. Same shape, but galvanized body and better mechanics.
                  I've only just started thinking about this, but PM me details including rough ballpark price if you can.
                  I need to do some research.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's not terribly surprising that the whole concept of a stylish classic seems to pass the plebs completely by.
                    If being an old boring git with a beard, bad breath and being a member of "an owners club" is "stylish" then I will stick to being a pleb.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      For less than that I'd have one of these.

Tollbar Volvo Warwick : 911 [997] TURBO COUPE 2dr Tiptronic S
                      Like I said, it's not terribly surprising that the whole concept of a stylish classic seems to pass the plebs completely by
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X