• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Syria and Western double standards/Hypocracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    We helped Al-Qaeda in Libya.

I'm no racist young man.

HTH

Libya is a mixed country but it definitely contains several of these extremist type - the trick for the west is to recognise who is best to work with and not let the thugs take charge (but not through direct intervention).

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      That's not what I am saying dude - help the good people not the evil ones. You don't help Al-Qaeda, Taliban etc. But you do help people who are genuinely good. ...
      You were doing so well until you split people into good and evil.
      Good and evil are in the eye of the beholder. According to Al Qaeda you are evil and they are good.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I wonder if any of these other countries show clips of our news whilst casting aspersions on its honesty. Like we do to them...

"Tonight UK state controlled news reported on the Royal wedding of the Prince of Wales' only son William"

Whilst they all fall about laughing "they still think harry is his son"

Comment

You honestly think that Syria poses the slightest threat to Israel. I really don't get why people don't see the stupidity of the suggestions that Israel is somehow under threat from Syria/Iran. .
          it seems unlike you the israelis consider a variety of scenarios, such as the "crazys" getting their hands on syrias chemical weapons

Comment

... I really don't get why people don't see the stupidity of the suggestions that Israel is somehow under threat from ...Iran. ..
            Perhaps it's the Iranian instigated (according to Israel) attacks against Israeli citizens.

For example: Suicide bomb kills Israelis in Bulgaria. Is Iran behind attacks? | Europe News | The Week UK
            Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            You were doing so well until you split people into good and evil.
            Good and evil are in the eye of the beholder. According to Al Qaeda you are evil and they are good.

HTH

I read this guy's book a while back. Gives a rather different perspective on the Taliban.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

M.E is just a powder keg, and always has been. You've got 7 million Israelis with cutting-edge weaponry up against 200 million Arabs who have long suffered under a tech deficit therein, but since the Soviet Union dissolved have been closing the gap. I fell out with a Jewish friend recently partly because I predicted it will only be a decade or so before the shisha hits the fanatic, the Arab's numerical superiority wins the day, and Israel goes under. And Israel DARE not actually deploy her nukes - western Moslems outnumber western Jews by 5-1

As for the news, well until you've seen a car wreck with limbs strewn across the A422 and blood dripping onto the hard shoulder, nothing is going to prepare you for the crap that happens outside our borders. I agree the news massages our opinions, but maybe it's better that the masses don't put two and two together and we all live in la-la land.

You'd likely go loopy if you actually saw what goes down off-camera in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Comment

There's a Hollywood mentality among our leaders and the press. Ghaddaffi, Assad etc are awful villains so, QED, those opposing them must be heros. The reality is that many of the more powerful forces are probably as bad, Islamists or other tribal leaders. The "Arab Spring" in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya is, quite predictably, already looking like a joke.

Arab countries are 100 years away from being capable of democracy, the emphasis on the extended family and the tribe is still too strong. Then there's Islam, it's not compatible with democracy, equality or freedom as we understand the terms.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X