• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I have about 10 hand made suits currently. Nothing like a cheap suit to show one up. Not too expensive nowadays, a decent one can be made to measure at a reputable tailors for about £1K.
    After the third purchase it should have become obvious that you can't polish a turd.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
      Its beginning to look like a coin flip...

but secretly, I want something nice & expensive
      Oswald Boateng

Paul Smith has some really nice suits and shirts for men.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Next and M&S do some great suits for cheap prices, but everyone deserves a great suit like Hugo Boss. Its expensive but its the money from your pocket so do what you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          I found the quality of M&S and Next suits went down the pan years ago.

I've learnt to invest in a good quality suit that will look good, is tailored nicely and of a good cut.
          How much do you pay for that?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I used to recommend the Hong Kong tailor, Raja fashions.

They come and measure you, and make a decent suit. All ranges of material are available (from £250 a suit to £1000+)

My last suit from them was a bit ropey though, so my last was from Asuitthatfits.co.uk who have studios across the country.

Very reasonable, a suit + 2 extra trousers came in at about £550 in one of their premium fabrics.

Took them a couple of goes to get the cut/fit 100% but I can say I'm pleased with it.

It's m2m rather than bespoke, but a 1000 time better than high street.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              How much do you pay for that?
              Depends on the suit. I find going in at the end of a sale you can get a good deal on designer suits, some often offer free tailoring.

My favourites are Joseph, Paul Smith and Max Mara. Vivienne Westwood has some funky designs for women.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I've had all the designer suits, and I can say for certain the best value for money you can get with style and quality is Jeff Banks of London. Not the lesser brand they sell at Debenhams, go to the Jeff Banks shops. At the outlet shops a really nice suit can be had for M&S prices.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  ...you can't polish a turd.

HTH
                  That's true, but you can hone perfection
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Today I am going to buy a new suit

Hugo Boss or Next

????
                    Charlie Allen Formal Suit at George ASDA Direct

£29 ASDA
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Today I am going to buy a new suit

Hugo Boss or Next

????
                      Are you sure you're really a contractor? Still, if you don't mind turning up to work with one sleeve hanging by a thread.

For a bit of quality, Paul Smith and Kenzo if you have a slim build.
                      Last edited by SantaClaus; 18 July 2012, 15:29.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X