• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who - just weeks away.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    The big problem with Dr Who has is that whole premise is flawed. Time travel to the past is not possible and making it so in every episode is always going to result in tulip and nonsensical story lines, especially when they are written by arty types who have little understanding of these things. That and the bad actors.
    Psst. Suspension of disbelief - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      It's good family viewing. Strong story lines (since Moffet took over and prevented the slide into soap-opera) and plot holes big enough to drive an Arcturan Megafreighter through.

There's at least two mods who are fans, and at least one of those doesn't deal kindly with those who dis the series. You have been warned.
      <Catherine Tate>

What a load of old sh1t.

<Catherine Tate>

Comment

...The big problem with Dr Who has is that whole premise is flawed. Time travel to the past is not possible...
        <Catherine Tate>
        But it is though.
        </Catherine Tate>

Spacetime can be bent - that's the whole point of General Relativity. There are paths around very dense spinning objects (like a few members here), that end at a point in spacetime before the beginning. Also, there's no particular reason why spacetime can't be bent to provide a navigable route back in time. (It isn't possible, so far as current scientific understanding is concerned, to go back to a time before the time machine or path was created ).

Not that it matters one jot, since the time-travel aspect is merely a literary device in order to tell stories.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In this piggies humble opinion, it has gone from strength to strength. And I still think Catherine Tate was an excellent companion. But I had never seen her in anything before DW and I think that helps.

And its 50 years old next year!

There are not many TV programmes that last that long - albeit with a bit of a break of several years, but you know what I mean.

Oh, and MF - SPOILLERS!!!!!
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

For a mental retard perhaps.
            WHS. I worry about a lot of the cretins here enjoying this bilge.

Good inverview question if reckon

"Do you enjoy watching childrens programmes like Dr Who?"

Straight in the bin then ....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              "Do you enjoy watching childrens programmes like Dr Who?"....
              I'd say that Dr Who is family TV, rather than children's. Do you think there is a distinction? Or are all family programmes really for children? If not, name one that isn't.

Further, is there any particular reason why an adult should not enjoy a programme (or any other media)aimed at children?

Comment

Further, is there any particular reason why an adult should not enjoy a programme (or any other media)aimed at children?
                True IMHO. I just read the hunger games and enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  True IMHO. I just read the hunger games and enjoyed it.
                  And what about that classic: "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".

Comment

The society of motion picture television engineers

Comment

Indeed. Didn't CBBC horrible histories recently win an adult award?

Comment

Working...
                      X