• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Terry Not Guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    based on 2010/11 stats:

Population of England = 55,240,000
    Number of recorded racist incidents = 48,402 or 9.34% per capita

Population of Scotland = 5,222,000
    Number of recorded racist incidents = 4907 or 9.40% per capita

All of which would suggest pretty equal intolerance

However when you consider the size of ethnic populations in both countries:

England = 12.5% or 6,476250 which generated 48,402 complaints

Scotland= 2% or 104,440 which generated 4907 complaints

Thus in Scotland with a smaller number of non whites, these were subjected to more racist abuse by the indigenous white population

caveat is that figures recorded relate to racism being directed by white on non white

HTH
    you draw an erroneous conclusion.

if both countries have an equal proportion of complaints, and the proportion of whites in England is smaller, then the proportion of incidents per white capita in England must be higher.
    So I would say, if you get the chance, be a black jock

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

you draw an erroneous conclusion
      I think it is your conclusions that are erroneous. Far too simplistic. Incidents per white capita higher, yes, but then you have to consider that the English have much more contact with minorities. Easy not to be racist to minorities if you live in the highlands and never see one, bit different in the South East where we now encounter them on a daily basis in every little village.

The number of both must surely be a factor. Maybe someone who knows statistics can do the calculation properly and give us proper figure.

PS Actually I am not sure that any "mathematical" conclusion would be valid unless you take full account of population distribution.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 14 July 2012, 14:21.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        I think it is your conclusions that are erroneous. Far too simplistic. Incidents per white capita higher, yes, but then you have to consider that the English have much more contact with minorities. Easy not to be racist to minorities if you live in the highlands and never see one, bit different in the South East where we now encounter them on a daily basis in every little village.

Maybe someone who knows statistics can do the calculation properly and give us proper figure.
        your conclusion that my comment about you being erroneous is erroneuous, is erroneous.
        If the amount of contact with white scots and non-ethnic scots were low, one would expect more problems, not less. Where I live, there are so many ethinics that I can get one of ten different types of curry 24 hours a day. Mind you, you cant find a decent haggis anywhere

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I was going to say that your comment etc but I got confused. Curried haggis sounds fantastic! Where an I get one?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Dream on fckwit
            And he started early today too. Well, I guess if I was a jock, I would too...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              And he started early today too. Well, I guess if I was a jock, I would too...
              Actually I'm not a jock. But you're still a
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Garth is none too happy with the verdict, he wanted blood!

"Terry has not been charged under law but it doesn't mean he will not be charged under FA rules," said Kick it Out ambassador Garth Crooks.

"So for John Terry I'm afraid that this is only half-time."

Crooks added: "What we are talking about is the language that was used by a particular player and the question for the FA now is: is that acceptable for a professional footballer?"

Rude words happen in all sports Garth, even golf, now feck off.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Rude words happen in all sports Garth, even golf, now feck off.
                  What would have happened to a white golf player if he said on camera on field to Woods that he is a ***** ****?

The only golf that guy would be playing after this is mini golf at home.

Having said that Ferdinand came out from this badly also.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    [SIZE="1"]

However when you consider the size of ethnic populations in both countries:

Scotland= 2% or 104,440 which generated 4907 complaints

Where the feck did you get that number from? 2% my arse

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Where the feck did you get that number from? 2% my arse
                      It's a statistical well known god given fact that the Scottish are racist. Everytime England get knocked out of a major football competition you can hear the racist laughter in Penzence!
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X