• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Look on the positive side, you could be stuck in a conference hall with a bunch of 'whoop whoop awesome, you're a rock star' American salespeople. The motivational speaker at yesterdays bash was so motivational I walked out and went to the bar.
    I've been there. It's like doing business with Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam. In character.

Comment

Well done suity

now make them bums pay
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Now we have ascertained he was OK, can we ask if he still billed for today?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Glad you're OK. Chizz those insurancey bastards for everything you can

Comment

Sorry to hear about the but you are fine.

How on earth did you find a dual carriageway near Luton you could do 70 on in a Fiesta!
            M1 - borked and hopefully no farmers
            A6 - usually borked
            A505 to Hitchin - going down the hill?
            All other roads - flooded or acting as the M1 relief road so borked

Comment

Had the same issue after accident.

Cover said courtesy car would be provided while they were doing repairs. Their argument was that it wasn't being repaired until it was assessed as repairable. In the event, it took a week for the assessment and a further 4 days for the assessors report, which wrote it off, so no courtesy car. Negotiated a courtesy car with the garage I ordered my new car from, but it really p*ssed me off.

You could try one of the accident services - they will give you a hire car and bill it back to the 'guilty' party's insurance. Very hassle free, but expensive for the insurance companies. The one I've used (many years ago) was Helphire Group plc. Might be worth giving them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                Oh poor youse

I've just signed up with Swiftcover - they saved me £500. Lets hope I don't need to claim
                Swiftcover saved me quite a lot as well, next cheapest quote was several £100 more.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Had me car stacked this morning. Had to do an emergency stop on a dual carriageway as some arsewipe farmer pulled across my lane. I stopped. Poor sod behind me in the shogun, not fully able to react in time, or not paying attention piled the the back of me at 70 mph.

Both of us walked. A scratch on the shogun, fiesta totalled.

Now after 5 years loyal money to swiftcover for both our wagons, both fully comp with courtesy car cover, I get no courtesy car. Until the loss adjuster can visit which can't happen until Thursday.

AVOID THESE CANTS LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Suity household glad to have suity back in one lump, albeit concussed.
                  70mph is a big one. Glad you're ok. As for the rest, as someone said, just rise above it, and contact the ombudsman. Personally, if your t&c's say you get one, I'd hire, then send them the bill with a note mentioning them (T&C's) and the small claims court.

Comment

...and talking of insurance bastards avoiding all costs, at all costs. My wife recently drove into my car on our drive, causing a fair amount of damage. We claimed and were told they wouldn't pay, as both cars were registered in my name, despite knowing this when they took the insurance on.

Had to get the lawyers involved, as it's mis selling as they knew both cars belonged to me. Got it sorted, but it proves they will do anything, anything, to maximise their bottom line.

Moved insurance immediately.

Comment

I would hire a car and bill it to the insurance company as they promised to provide a coutesy car. This is probably a ploy to save money; they know it's wrong but 90% of the customers accept it. Would be worth a try. Insurance companies often try it on.

The other thing is, when the car is in the garage it's in for repair, the fact that the garage has to wait for the loss adjuster doesn't change that. I mean they're not providing a courtesy car only when the mechanics are actually physically touching your car are they.

One could interpret what they're saying as they need to confirm that the car isn't driveable, so you could let them know that obviously if it were to be deemed driveable you would accept the cost, but in the meantime you need the courtesy car, either they provide it or they pay a bill for a hire car which is the same type that was in the accident.
                      Last edited by BlasterBates; 11 July 2012, 07:45.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X