• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you find most people annoyingly thick?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

'Intelligent' people can be the most annoying IMO.
    and a liability sometimes, if they over-complicate things to dogmatically fit some model or cater for all kinds of hypothetical but unlikely possibilities, and normal users find their elaborate over-engineered constructions harder to use.

A lot of Unixy geek type developers tend to forget that not everyone wants to or has the time to immerse themselves in the innumerable and ever changing minutiae of Unix and suchlike, and nor do many have the ability to master it all and remember it.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The amount of thick fookers on this forum is mind-blowing.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        The Internt is getting dumber. It used to be the domain of people wth at least enough intelligence to use a computer, get a TCP stack working and figure out how to troubleshoot a modem connection. There was barrier to entry that ensures that those who did get in had a minimum level of intellignce. You still may not have liked them, but at least they weren't idiots.

These days any muppet can get a facebook account or post crap on internet forums. Just look at this place.
        hehe, quality post - too true... I think we were nicer to each other back then too, as we shared knowledge over irc and bulletin boards etc.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          and a liability sometimes, if they over-complicate things to dogmatically fit some model or cater for all kinds of hypothetical but unlikely possibilities, and normal users find their elaborate over-engineered constructions harder to use.

A lot of Unixy geek type developers tend to forget that not everyone wants to or has the time to immerse themselves in the innumerable and ever changing minutiae of Unix and suchlike, and nor do many have the ability to master it all and remember it.
          Yeah, but intelligent people like to simplify things. Admittedly a lot of intellectuals and pseudos, while often regarded to be intelligent, tend to do and be the opposite.

Comment

I like to think of myself as the dumbest smart person I know, not boasting I would like to think I am very intelligent, however I have little or no common sense
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The Internt is getting dumber. It used to be the domain of people wth at least enough intelligence to use a computer, get a TCP stack working and figure out how to troubleshoot a modem connection. There was barrier to entry that ensures that those who did get in had a minimum level of intellignce. You still may not have liked them, but at least they weren't idiots.

These days any muppet can get a facebook account or post crap on internet forums. Just look at this place.
              Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
              hehe, quality post - too true... I think we were nicer to each other back then too, as we shared knowledge over irc and bulletin boards etc.
              They could spell too.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's not that I dislike thick people

It is just they seem to find the trivial things in life (such as Eastenders, Corrination Street, Big Brother etc) more import than they should be..

Comment

Not only that, there was a money barrier when computers were £1000+. So it used to be intelligent people with disposable income. Classless is great if you dont mind being surrounded by scum.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    It's not that I dislike thick people

It is just they seem to find the trivial things in life (such as Eastenders, Corrination Street, Big Brother etc) more import than they should be..
                    This would not be a problem if they stuck to such thicko business, but they then express opinions on how the world should work, how the country should be run, and worst of all; they vote.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X