• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There's lots to do and not much time to do it...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    This is great.

Attent the meeting.

And think of the money!!!!!!

I recommend an android app called poop salary - it calculates the money you earn while doing something else than working (toilet breaks/meetings/whatever)
    I'm quite capable to doing that without an app. I always aim to get my poo onto my timesheet...so to speak!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Just had another meeting and managerman's planned yet another meeting for 4 o'clock. What a useless ****.

It'll be fun though; he's just instructed us that everyone must work on his own tasks and refuse requests for help from other team members. So at 4 o'clock we will be reporting a complete lack of progress.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Just had another meeting and managerman's planned yet another meeting for 4 o'clock. What a useless ****.

It'll be fun though; he's just instructed us that everyone must work on his own tasks and refuse requests for help from other team members. So at 4 o'clock we will be reporting a complete lack of progress.
        Raise an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Raise an issue.
          Maybe I would if I didn't have another gig lined up where they want me to start yesterday.

As it stands, I just want to go home.

Comment

Issue report

Issue; Productive work blocked by defective managerman
            Level; Showstopper/Annoyance
            Impact; nothing, I'll invoice anyway
            Detected; several times during the last few months

Comment

Breaking news; three people are now arguing about whether they're allowed to help each other, with one saying they're not, and two saying they won't be able to get something finished if they aren't. All because managerman says they're not allowed to help each other. Brilliant.

MTT can provide two options;
              - don't help each other, don't finish things and then piss off home before managerman can ask you to do overtime
              - just ignore the silly twunt and get on with it

I favour the second, but the first would be amusing.

Comment

Can we follow this with a 3 week rescoping exercise to determine what can be delivered in the next 3 months. Only to realise if you'd not wasted 3 weeks taking all your architects and developers off delivering and sitting round talking baout what you can deliver that you may have finished on time after all. Then to realise that the new scope which is 80% of what you would have delivered if none of the re-scoping had taken place can not be delivered as it was based upon a 3 month window, 3 weeks of which you've pissed away doing the scope.

Solution - have a further one week rescope to agree to deliver 50% of what you'd have delivered if the management had buggered off and play golf for a month.

So what happens to the missing 50% - that's phase 1+ - can't call it phase 2 as phase 2 is already scoped and based upon successfully delivering all the functionality of phase 1.

Round and round we go.......
                Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
                X