• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Well you better buck your ideas up, and get posting. You've managed 1346 in 3 years, how are you planning to manage another 8654 in the next 5?
    get a public sector contract?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      Well you better buck your ideas up, and get posting. You've managed 1346 in 3 years, how are you planning to manage another 8654 in the next 5?
      Like I said it is my aim.... And I have a strategy too. Post more one worders, use that thread about word associations and also another 3 month gig where I am at now sometime in the future will make sure I meet that target.
      Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 4 July 2012, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
        "In five years? I'm hoping by then you'll have changed the House of Lords entry rules so that American citizens can take up a position there, Mr Cameron."

- B. Diamond, later at his next interview.
        That does lead to another question. Given the track record of Yanks with Ponzi schemes, subprime mortgages etc, should we trust Yanks in such high positions within the UK financial sector?

In a way it's like having a Yank in charge of the Armed Forces.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          That does lead to another question. Given the track record of Yanks with Ponzi schemes, subprime mortgages etc, should we trust Yanks in such high positions within the UK financial sector?

In a way it's like having a Yank in charge of the Armed Forces.
          Should we trust anybody other than Tibetan monks in high positions in the financial sector?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Like I said it is my aim.... And I have a strategy too. Post more one worders, use that thread about word associations and also another 3 month gig where I am at now sometime in the future will make sure I meet that target.
            There will be at least another 10 when you jack in your Barclays gig after a month due to getting wound up / an offer for a contract on 5 quid a day more.

*saucer of milk.. table 5*

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Developing the next Google and fighting for sofa visitation rights with my (unconsummated, as I didn't know how), ex-mail order bride.

AtW
              FTFY
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                There will be at least another 10 when you jack in your Barclays gig after a month due to getting wound up / an offer for a contract on 5 quid a day more.

*saucer of milk.. table 5*

No notice period

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

No notice period
                  doesn't mean you can't utilize the "Force majeure" clause.
                  You do have one don't you ?

Comment

Hiring a small number of people for my plan B, and living in California.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Hiring a small number of people for my plan B, and living in California.
                      Silicon beach
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X