• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is your greatest weakness?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Has anyone ever actually been asked this question or is it just some urban myth? Nobody has ever asked me this question and I've never heard it asked in any interview I've sat in on.
    Quite a few times and always for contract roles. It's also how you can tell what the permie mentality is like in the company.

Though I was asked once for a 3 month gig "where do you see yourself in 5 years time?".
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Quite a few times and always for contract roles. It's also how you can tell what the permie mentality is like in the company.

Though I was asked once for a 3 month gig "where do you see yourself in 5 years time?".
      You must have impressed! That's a helluva extension!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
        You must have impressed! That's a helluva extension!
        I sure did.

It was one of those interviews where they start asking you about skills that aren't on your CV and you realise that the pimp blagged your cv into the interview pile and the manager hadn't read your CV.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

My modesty
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Blondes.

Comment

I am way too nice to people who don't deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I am way too nice to people who don't deserve it.
                I thought it was bargain sofas?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  I thought it was bargain sofas?
                  I've improved considerably in the last 18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    I've been asked it but it was many years ago for perm roles.

Anyway there is only 1 real answer:
                    "I've got **** all patience for stupid interview questions."
                    Effectively that but rather more diplomatic. I just smile, and say - I've been asked that question a few times in interviews. It's not one I'd use myself. Shall we move on?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Wine Gums

Comment

Working...
                      X