• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

God particle found

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Perhaps they have discovered reality as perceived by most humans is actually a simulated reality created by sentient machines to pacify and subdue the human population, while their bodies' heat and electrical activity are used as an energy source.
    Although I dont think we are batteries for robots, the message from the matrix was that people would accept being a slave if they thought that on some small level they had a choice. This is what our current civilisation is based on.

Comment

Why is it called a God particle?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Proving its existence is nearly as elusive as proving God's.

And allegedly it is the answer to the universe and everything.

Comment

Atheists among scientific community thought it was a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Atheists among scientific community thought it was a good idea
            Those 'devout atheists' love to shout it from the rooftops and argue for their cause don't they
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Those 'devout atheists' love to shout it from the rooftops and argue for their cause don't they
              They figured their discovery might have an explosive effect ...

Comment

Higgs boson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                The Higgs boson is often referred to as "the God particle" by the media,[63] after the title of Leon Lederman's popular science book on particle physics, The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?[64][65] While use of this term may have contributed to increased media interest,[65] many scientists dislike it, since it overstates the particle's importance, not least since its discovery would still leave unanswered questions about the unification of Quantum chromodynamics, the electroweak interaction and gravity, as well as the ultimate origin of the universe.[63]
                Lederman said he gave it the nickname "The God Particle" because the particle is "so central to the state of physics today, so crucial to our understanding of the structure of matter, yet so elusive,"[63][64][66] but jokingly added that a second reason was because "the publisher wouldn't let us call it the Goddamn Particle, though that might be a more appropriate title, given its villainous nature and the expense it is causing."[64]
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

When they going to cure male pattern baldness, if they spent the money wasted on the LHC on that, I would have a full head of hair.

Comment

The mail will have a front page warning people of the dangers of the Higgs boson, how it will give you cancer and what foods to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      If they had definitely proved its existence(or not) someone ould have blurted it by now.

I bet they ask for more money to prove it.
                      Anyone else think this sounds like the premise of most religions?
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X