• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 months on the bench and loving it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me one of the best things about contracting is the bench time in between contracts so I can spend time at home with the kiddies. Enjoy the time not working !!

Comment

As much as its nice to be at home and you make the most of it and even have the war chest to cover you without a panic breaking out is there not an underlying anxiousness about 'when' your next job might turn up which just takes the edge just very slighly off being completely comfortable being off and enjoying it?

When I was on the bench I had lots planned and got a lot done and did enjoy it but there was this little part of me that was unsettled as obviously I never quite knew how long I would be off and it could have been ages. It meant I was never 100% settled probably only about 95% but then I suppose thats good in a way thinking about it as I'm typing this as it keeps you on your toes.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        went on the Orient Express
        Would love to hear more about that if you'd like to share - how long it lasted, cost, etc, etc. We took the train across the USA last summer and it was a wonderful way to pass 3 days.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I guess well see you on the telly setting yourself alight outside DodgyAgent's office soon?

Comment

Originally posted by robin View Post
            As much as its nice to be at home and you make the most of it and even have the war chest to cover you without a panic breaking out is there not an underlying anxiousness about 'when' your next job might turn up which just takes the edge just very slighly off being completely comfortable being off and enjoying it?
            No - bench time is relax and re-group time. I take the view something will come up - the nervousness is more once finding the role and having the interview, if it will turn into an acceptable offer.

Comment

Working...
            X