• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 months on the bench and loving it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Two to Three weeks for me.... First 10 days is great though.
    I normally sleep for 10 days after each gig
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I normally sleep for 10 days after each gig
      I assume you don't have kids then......

I tend to get more sleep at work than at home.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        Enjoying the summer (when it's nice out), got tons of jobs around the house finally done, went on the Orient Express, visited friends, caught up on various shows I've always wanted to watch, built a shed, been a tourist in my own city, had plenty of exercise, yadayadayada...

Not even bothered looking at Jobserve yet... Work is so overrated, enjoy life!
        I was so looking forward to having a break and then the inconsiderate bast**ds went and extend me for 3 months, I was so looking froward to summer in the garden now all i will have to do is sit and watch the bank account fill up.

seriously, good for you, these people who have to go from one contract straight to another it beyond me, i always take a month off after every contract unless its very short, its why i became a contractor in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          I assume you don't have kids then......

I tend to get more sleep at work than at home.
          Three but they live with their mum, when I am on a gig I suffer from really bad insomnia
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've only had 2 days off in a year.

Good for you. Enjoy it mate.

Comment

Only two months? You're a beginner.
              Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                I was so looking forward to having a break and then the inconsiderate bast**ds went and extend me for 3 months, I was so looking froward to summer in the garden now all i will have to do is sit and watch the bank account fill up.

seriously, good for you, these people who have to go from one contract straight to another it beyond me, i always take a month off after every contract unless its very short, its why i became a contractor in the first place
                Well I fell back into permie land back in March but wouldn't mind a couple of months off now, client is dithering about confirming the probie period and I don't fancy spending sunny days at a desk, though luckily being in front of a window keeps me a little sane.

I must be the only fella here enjoying the stalled start of Summer, love it when it's bucketing down outside and I'm making cash sitting at a desk, but the odd few days when it's sunny, I could be sitting at a pavement cafe' watching the scantily-clad dollybirds strut past but I'm looking at lines of code instead, I'm seriously gnashing my teeth...
                Last edited by JaybeeInCUK; 1 July 2012, 20:00.

Comment

Enjoying the summer (when it's nice out), got tons of jobs around the house finally done, went on the Orient Express, visited friends, caught up on various shows I've always wanted to watch, built a shed, been a tourist in my own city, had plenty of exercise, yadayadayada...
                  Get a job you bum!!!

Comment

Not even bothered looking at Jobserve yet... Work is so overrated, enjoy life!
                    With you on that Mr Robin

2 months on the bench, garage cleared, Lime trees pollarded, hedges trimmed, 240V installed on the yot - plus new double bed, new carpets, etc, etc, etc, decided this afternoon to eff off for a week to try it all out...

No point in contracting if you can't enjoy bench time, but have got to the stage where I would actually quite like a decent gig to moan about

Comment

8 months left then I am taking about 8 months off.

Cannot wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X